Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA CLUB WORLD FROM LONDON

Florida Junior

BA CLUB WORLD FROM LONDON

HI ALL HAS ANYONE USED THE CLUB WORLD SERVICE FROM LONDON TO MCO WITH BA AND IS IT WORTH THE EXTRA INVESTMENT I HAVE FLOWN PREMIUM ECONOMY WITH VIRGIN AND FOR THE EXTRA £450 (AT THE TIME) I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD VALUE. THERE ARE FOUR OF US SO ITS A BIG DECISION AND A BIG PART OF THE BUDGET[msneek]USUALLY GO FROM MANCHESTER BUT WE ARE LOOKING AT ALL POSSIBILITIES CHEERS CARL

Gold 5 Star Member
    Whether it's worth the money is really a question only you can answer. If you're asking whether it's superior to Virgin's PE then I don't think even Virgin's biggest fans would argue against that but I think you'll find that the BA Club price tends to be nearer to Virgin's Upper Class fares and that's not as clear cut.

My own take on it would be that the LGW-MCO service is 1 of BA's 'poor relations' routes in that you obviously can't use the brilliant lounges at Heathrow and there isn't a dedicated BA lounge at Orlando. Also note that BA use a Boeing 777 to MCO - the New Generation Club seats are fitted to the 747's and they only operate to Florida on the Heathrow-Miami route. If you fly Virgin Upper Class, their lounge at Heathrow is outstanding (of course, you can also fly direct from Manchester).

Personally, if there wasn't much difference in price, I'd go with Virgin's Upper Class but as I say it's your call!

Florida Chatterbox
    We flew BA club from Gatwick to Orlando last year and whilst I agree with Katys Grandad it is by no means as good as Virgin UC, it was a great service. We have also flown Virgin premium economy to Orlando a few time and club is a much more superior service.

In our experience the club flight is usually a good deal cheaper than the Virgin UC fare and so is a good "half way house".

That said, I also have to agree that none of the premium services from Gatwick are a patch on the Heathrow ones, but that is probably why they are so much cheaper, last year we paid about £5,500 for 2 adults and 3 kids.

Florida Junior
    THANKS KATYS GRANDAD AND FRASERLYNN I AM BEING DRAWN TO VIRGIN UC,REASON BEING- THE 747 BEING ONE OF THEM, (NOT A BIG FAN OF THE 777) WOULD PREFER TO GO FROM MAN (DONT LIKE THE REMOTE STAND BUT THATS NOT VIRGINS FAULT) COULD LIVE WITHOUT THE LOUNGE, AND LAST TRIP HAD GREAT SERVICE FROM VIRGIN WITH OUR DAUGHTER(MEDICAL CONDITIONS) HEATHROW AS FRASERLYNN POINTS OUT A LITTLE BIT DEARER AND MORE HASSLE (SORRY THINKING OUTLOUD NOW) MANY THANKS VIRGIN IT IS [msnsmile2]

I arrived in Orlando last night on BA, travelling in club world and it was lovely. The crew were excellent, the food was really nice and I slept pretty well too! The flight was on time and the lounges at Gatwick may not be as flash as Heathrow, but it is a very nice place to spend a hour or so
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    If you can afford Club World go for it! The more forward in the aircraft the more comfortable it will be. [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just out of curiosity I was looking at various options from Manchester to Orlando yesterday and found that the Club World price is consistently very similar to Virgin's Upper Class. In fact, on some dates it is actually more expensive.

It's not my money (and they're both good products) but a Virgin UC direct flight would be much more attractive to me against a BA 777 Club flight I had to connect to/from in both directions.

Florida Junior
    hi katys grandad i have been checking the prices from both the operators on a daily basis just to see the variations, I think our dates of travel will now be may 2010 and not dec 2009 as originaly planned, both service prices do vary from day to day (using a date in may for comparison) i have been looking at the cabin layout of the club world 777 against the 747 i think the convienience of manchester and the layout of the virgin upper class appeals more to me. I found some cabin photos on a website all about virgin called v-flyer it shows all the seat layouts and all the various cabin layouts and even has seat ratings from people who have used them. I will check the prices on a daily basis once the dates are released and unless the the BA price is to good not to book I think we will travel with virgin again. Thank you for your help and advice and stand by for some more questions he he [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    We use BA all the time and travel mostly in Club World. It is really great but I have to say the convenience of travelling direct from Manchester would be more appealing to us.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    Just out of curiosity I was looking at various options from Manchester to Orlando yesterday and found that the Club World price is consistently very similar to Virgin's Upper Class. In fact, on some dates it is actually more expensive.

It's not my money (and they're both good products) but a Virgin UC direct flight would be much more attractive to me against a BA 777 Club flight I had to connect to/from in both directions.

[/quote]

If these are the same price, it would be an complete no brainer for me, Virgin UC every time. I can usually get BA club out of gatwick about £500 (or 33%) cheaper than the Virgn tickets.