Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dress Code for Victoria & Alberts

Florida Expert
    Hi Tracy

It sounds as though you had a great time.

I shall look forward to reading Philip's report - you never know I might even manage to get Mike to take me at some point in time.

Michelle

Florida Newbie
    Hi

We are going to Florida in June and although my husband and I are easy to please in the food dept, we are going in a group with some who are not so easy pleased, meaning plain old food required but reading all the reviews of Victorias and Alberts we would love to go there can anyone give me an idea of the typical set price menu please as that would be a great help and anything else i need to know please as although been to Florida a couple of times still a novice[msnembarrased]

Many thanks in advance

Kate

Florida Chatterbox
    Kate

The set price menu I think was $125 per person when we went at Christmas. I'm not sure what you mean by 'plain old food' and if some of your group are very picky about what they eat you may want to give the restaurant a call first to have a chat about booking first.

Having said that it really was a fantastic experience and whilst definately coming into the 'treat' category was well worth it.

Hi

Looking for some advice here - this place does get some rave reviews and I'm thinking of booking for sometime around Christmas. However the USA "fine dining" experience is often very different from the UK experience. Can anyone comment on how this restaurant compares to Gordon Ramsey's for example?
    Tonish

Definitely "fine dining". We went for our silver wedding anniversary and enjoyed some fabulous food. .. only small portions (not like the usual USA portions) and all beautifully presented. You have your own butler and waitress, in costume dress, who explain about each course as they present it to you - all 7 of them. It's pretty expensive but well worth it for a special occasion.

Pam

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=katiep;588845]Hi

We are going to Florida in June and although my husband and I are easy to please in the food dept, we are going in a group with some who are not so easy pleased, meaning plain old food required but reading all the reviews of Victorias and Alberts we would love to go there can anyone give me an idea of the typical set price menu please as that would be a great help and anything else i need to know

Many thanks in advance

Hi Kate. If you have an iphone you can get the WDW Dining app[clap][clap] From that you can check out "all" Disneyworld restaurants, from menus, to prices, to location.

Wonderful little app for planning. Victoria & Alberts does look[msntongue]
    mike

I would rate V and A higher than any of Ramseys London locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    Hi

Looking for some advice here - this place does get some rave reviews and I'm thinking of booking for sometime around Christmas. However the USA "fine dining" experience is often very different from the UK experience. Can anyone comment on how this restaurant compares to Gordon Ramsey's for example?

Food, Wine and Tip, your looking at around $170 per head upwards. They do wine paring for a set amount but I would sooner chose my own.

Quote Originally Posted by katiep View Post
    Hi

We are going to Florida in June and although my husband and I are easy to please in the food dept, we are going in a group with some who are not so easy pleased, meaning plain old food required but reading all the reviews of Victorias and Alberts we would love to go there can anyone give me an idea of the typical set price menu please as that would be a great help and anything else i need to know please as although been to Florida a couple of times still a novice[msnembarrased]

Many thanks in advance

Kate

I'd say the food was easily as good as Gordon Ramsey at Claridges, the service was definitely better, it does have a Disney twist that you wouldn't get in London - but that's all part of the fun!
    Caroline & Dave