Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dress Code for Victoria & Alberts

Florida Chatterbox

Dress Code for Victoria & Alberts

We are going to Vicoria & Alberts for Philip's 50th birthday in December - although he doesn't know about it yet as it is a surprise.

Can anybody give me information on the dress code - will Philip need to take his Dinner Jacket with him or will an ordinary suit be OK?

I just need to make sure I pack whatever it is he needs as I'm not telling him about it until we get there!

They just insist on jkt and tie.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daglish
    We are going to Vicoria & Alberts for Philip's 50th birthday in December - although he doesn't know about it yet as it is a surprise.

Can anybody give me information on the dress code - will Philip need to take his Dinner Jacket with him or will an ordinary suit be OK?

I just need to make sure I pack whatever it is he needs as I'm not telling him about it until we get there!
    [/quote]

Hi Tracy - no dinner jacket required, just a suit or jacket and trousers - I don't think they insist on a tie, although hubby has always worn one when we've been. Have a fab time, it really is Disney for grown ups!
    Caroline & Dave

My they have lowered the tone then[msnwink] First time we went they made me wear one their ties or it was a no go.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    Hi Tracy - no dinner jacket required, just a suit of jacket and trousers - I don't think they insist on a tie, although hubby has always worn one when we've been. Have a fab time, it really is Disney for grown ups!
    [/quote]

It was no ties when we went 18 months ago although jkt was essential.

Liz

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    My they have lowered the tone then[msnwink] First time we went they made me wear one their ties or it was a no go.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    Hi Tracy - no dinner jacket required, just a suit of jacket and trousers - I don't think they insist on a tie, although hubby has always worn one when we've been. Have a fab time, it really is Disney for grown ups!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

LOL! I'm sure they insisted on ties the first time we went, but more recently I've sen guys with just a jacket.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for the responses - I'll just pack his suit then.

I'm really looking forward to it myself now and can't wait to see his face when I tell him as it is somewhere he has wanted to try for a long time!

Hi Tracy,
    Would love to hear your report on Victoria & Alberts. We are off to Florida on the 11th January and thought it would be a nice treat.

Val

We dined at V&A as part of our 30th wedding anniversary celebrations. If you are celebrating a special occasion be sure to mention this when you book.
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Chatterbox
    Having got home I thought I would let you all know that Victoria & Alberts was fantastic! The service was excellent and the food just stunning. We also had the wine pairing which was a nice way to try different wines with each course without drinking way too much.

Philip is going to write up a report and send it in shortly so hopefully it will be up on the site soon.

In the meantime thanks to all on the advice for dress code and the suit and tie just hit the right note.