Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is odd.........

Florida Chatterbox
    We cant have this thread without mentioning Dick Van Dykes "cockney"
    accent in Mary Poppins.

Gor blimey mate apples and pears knees up muvver braan

cheers (West ham fan, but NOT a cockney)

Ian

Florida Chatterbox
    Whilst on the subject heres a Brummie joke:-

A brummie goes for a job interview wearing a polyester shirt,
    bright flares and big platform boots.

The interviewer says: "All you need now is a kipper tie"

The brummie replies: "That would be lovely, two sugars please.

Made me laugh anyway.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

A note to any of my american cousins who may read this - please dont ask me to try and explain it!

cheers

Ian

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kiddie001
    Whilst on the subject heres a Brummie joke:-

A brummie goes for a job interview wearing a polyester shirt,
    bright flares and big platform boots.

The interviewer says: "All you need now is a kipper tie"

The brummie replies: "That would be lovely, two sugars please.

Made me laugh anyway.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

A note to any of my american cousins who may read this - please dont ask me to try and explain it!

cheers

Ian

[/quote]

As a brummie born and bred in Small Heath i have heard that joke a few times,and yes i still have a laff every time i hear it.

I dont normally like claret and blue but in your case i will make an exception

John.

Florida Savvy
    I was born and brought up in Sarf East London. Every year my parents took us over to Galway in Ireland to spend two weeks with our family. Every year we would come back with Irish accents that took weeks to fade away.

Last time we were over in Orlando we were in Dennys or one of those type of restaurants were you order at the counter and they bring down your food to you. I choose my meat and asked for baked potatoes. The waitress asked me to say it again so I did and she just smiled. I said it once more, a bit slower this time and she said " I know what you want. I just like the way you say it." I asked for a discount and she said she had already given it to me.

On the Irish theme, my wife worked as a nurse in various hospitals around the area and sometimes came into contact with members of the travelling community who invariably had strong irish accents, children et al. But when talking to them about their lives it turns out that the children, some as old as mid teens had never been to Ireland in their lives, but living in such closed communities they had mimicked the accents of the elders.

j rocke.

Florida Savvy
    hi chrizzy100
    im from plymouth still live here, so quite westcountry, my accent, oddly enough is un placeable,i think as i have grown up i was so dismayed at the local accent i did everything i could to erase it from my speach!
    kerry