Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best car type

Florida Chatterbox

What is the best car type

We are a family of 6, 2 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 infants and we may bring our own car seat with us for the youngest, what would be the ideal car for our needs.

Thanks

7 seat minivan would be my choice.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ukman
    We are a family of 6, 2 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 infants and we may bring our own car seat with us for the youngest, what would be the ideal car for our needs.

Thanks
    [/quote]

I would have to agree with Martin, but you could also consider one of the bigger SUV's. Just click on the link above to see more information about the various car types available.[msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox
    7 seven seater minivan

Florida Junior
    We have just returned from Florida after a 3 week vacation, and have been driving a Chrysler Aspen SUV (8 Seater) This was through Dollar at MCO. They use the Aspen as well as the Dodge Durrango. The Aspen we had was absolutely great!! There were 6 adults in our group, and with the seat configuration of the vehicle, you can drop 2 of the back seats down for the trips to and from your accomodation for all the luggage. I also noticed the Chrsyler Aspen in Dollar depots around Florida as we were driving around.

It was a great vehicle to drive, in which we did almost 2,000 miles (not just in and around Orlando) but across to St Pete's beach and down to Naples. Extremely comfortable, very powerful and I miss it already!! Yes, the caravan's are also practical, but the SUV option gives you that bit more style and comfort, and after all, it is your hard earned holiday!! We will be hiring the SUV again next year for sure.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Florida Newbie
    On our last trip to Orlando we hired a 12 seater minivan for 4 adults and 3 kids. We had a fair bit of luggage going but as you can imagine we had even more coming back with all the great things you can buy. In my opinion i would hire 12 seater minivan. Plenty of room for luggage and plenty of room to go and have 5 minutes nap or rest mid afternoon in the parks.
    l griffiths

Florida Chatterbox
    Still in limbo as i am getting mixed messages, i want the car to be comfortable to drive but also, comfortable for the family as we have 2 little one under 3, so what cars do you get like a dvd player in the back seats, hopefully that would keep the kids occupied somewhat.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Dvd entertainment in the back seats I think are very few and far between. Dont' forget these are rental cars, they do have some luxuries as standard compared to UK cars, but no dvd players. These will only usually come in the top of the range rentals.

From driving a couple of kids about for the past 8 years, (now teenagers), they found tons of things to keep them occupied while driving.

Talking about who they wanted to meet,etc, and one of the big things that they still do to this day, so car spotting.

Ping is a limo
    Bang is a sheriff
    Hummer is a hummer and then say again if H2 or H3
    and then theres the combinations, hummer limo, hummer sheriff.

We have just added the Range rover last year.
    CERI

Florida Chatterbox
    So cericrowley, what car would you recommend. Thanks

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I don't have any more than 4 in our party, so I have always chosen the SUV, one time we were upgraded to a Dodge durango, which was great, although the petrol consumption was rather higher than the grand cherokee. I have no experience of any of the vans unfortunately. I do see a lot dodge caravans about
    CERI