Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot air balloon trips

Florida Newbie

hot air balloon trips

hi, just booked up for july 09 and thinking of going on a hot air balloon trip over orlando - has anyone ever been on them before? is it good? is it worth it?

thanks in advance

Rosie posted some photos of her trip here: http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_18875.asp
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    We did it in 2005 and, personally speaking, I was very dissappointed. We were up in the air for an hour and travelled the great distance of a mile. We could clearly see where we took off from when we landed and the only sights we got to see was H27 and the surrounding villa communities.
    Maybe we got unlucky and the weather was especially calm that day, but after dragging everyone up and out at 5am I expected more.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who will say how fantastic it was but I thought it was a waste of money.

Kenny

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    It all depends on the wind available for flight so you were very unlucky. We did it a few years ago and travelled quite some distance, right over lots of areas we know - absolutely loved it.

Our only complaint was the pilot's bad jokes, which he was rattling off despite us being obviously not very interested. We absolutely loved the whole experience though and would definitely do it again [msnsmile].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pegasus928

Maybe we got unlucky and the weather was especially calm that day, but after dragging everyone up and out at 5am I expected more.

[/quote]

Great experience. Here's some photos from June:

andrew

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Florida Newbie
    thanks, think i may bite the bullit, do it and hope the winds are ok for it. looking up the internet ive noticed a few folk do it though and all at different prices. is there any company that anyone recomends, or do they all do the same sort of thing?

thanks

I'd recommend booking through our sister site, park-tickets.com at this link.

Florida Newbie
    thanks fdv - i requested more info about it from them a few weeks ago, but never heard anything from them since. will fill in again and see what happens - still got a while bofore id have to book it i recon anyway - not going till july 09. thanks anyway - youve been quite helpful to me today

We used Park-Tickets from this site.

Very efficient and friendly.

andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Have you checked your spam folder as Martin (florida4sun on here) is normally very quick at replying to enquiries?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by a_broxibear
    thanks fdv - i requested more info about it from them a few weeks ago, but never heard anything from them since
    [/quote]