Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: A belated "Hello"

Florida Savvy

A belated "Hello"

Now that I've posted a couple of times, I suppose I ought to introduce myself properly. I am Sarah, one half of "sarahnmitch" (betcha can't guess hubby's name!). I am a stay at home mum to a five-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl. Hubby is American and we currently live in Germany.

We have booked our villa in Orlando for two weeks in March 09, and I truly cannot wait (147 night-nights) The only thing left for us to do is book the car, and hubby's work will arrange the flights for us closer to the time.

We plan on visiting MK, Kennedy, outlet malls, craft stores, fabric stores (okay, I'l be visiting the last two by myself) and generally hanging out by the pool. If anyone has other non-theme park suggestions that the little ones would like, I'd love to hear them.

See you on the boards...

Florida Expert
    Welcome Sarah ( and of course Mitch [msnsmile] )

Looks like you can become a Florida Fan like a lot of us [clap][clap]

Linda

Welcome Sarah and Mitch,

Have you had a look at the Florida guide here yet? http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/ - lots of advice and ideas for days out away from the parks.

My children always enjoy citrus picking, and March is a great time for that. There are also the state parks, mini golf etc. etc - have a look at the guide and enjoy!
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Sarah and a belated welcome.

Sounds like a woman after my own heart, I spend half my time in the craft stores and can't wait till we go Dec as they have opened a new Michaels just a few minutes down the road so hubby can drop me off and go back to the villa if he wants and leave me to browse to my hearts content. Joanns is great for fabric and craft bits and Walmart always have a very good selection.

Kissimmee Lakefront park is a great park with small children as the climbing frame is under a huge shelter so it keeps the children out of the sun or rain.

Lake Louisa State park is on the 27 and has beach area where you can take your own food and charcoal and cook it on one of the outdoor grills which is a great way to spend an afternoon with the children. It's always been fairly quiet when we have been so you can relax. Although you cant swim there you can play games on the beach.

Green Meadows petting farm (although not free its cheaper than a theme park) is not too far and is quieter for small children.

If you want a beach day then the beaches on the Gulf coast, Clearwater, Tampa etc are about an hour to an hour and a half from the central area, or there is Cocoa Beach near Kennedy.

If you children like making things as well, most of the Home Depot stores have a childrens craft thing on a saturday free where they get to make their own thing and take it away (they even get their own mini Home Depot apron to keep. They usually have a list of projects they are doing each week if you go into the store.

If you go to Downtown Disney there is a huge Lego store where the children can play and build as well.

As suggested the guide also has lots of others that will hopefully interest the family. The trouble most people find is that there aren't enough days to do every thing so you have to be selective. I'm sure you'll all have a great time though.
    Babblin Boo

There a place down old ST CLOUD if you go down ST CLOUD you will see streets named after american states pick anyone we usaly go down KENTUCKY and you come to LAKE TOKO and there is a beach and CRABBY BILLS resturant and a MARINO the children will enjoy the beach also the ply ground .
    Have a lovely vacation
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Welcome Sarah to this wonderful site.

Maddie

Welcome to the forum Sarah.[msnsmile2]
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I think that I am driving hubby nuts doing all of the research and planning. He doesn't realise how much I am looking forward to this. When he takes time off work, he doesn't go into the office, but being a stay at home mum, I never get to leave my place of work. I need the break from the daily routine[party1]

We shall definitely be looking at Green Meadows, that sounds like something that my two would love to do.

Super Moderator
    Depending on the weather the manatees might still be in the Blue Springs State park which is a manatee refuge. The park rangers also give very interesting talks on them which do not cost anything. Some days of the week the Thursby house, which was built in 1872, is open to the public, again this also is free to look round. Like all parks there is plenty of room to play with a ball, frisbee, have a picnic or take a nature walk.