Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slight complaint

Florida Chatterbox

Slight complaint

I have been posting on here for a while and have rented a villa form this site before but I have recently been looking at 3 bedroom villas for next year.

If I was a first timer I would, I believe, be misled into believing some villas are closer to Disney than they actually are.

I know there has been debate about this in the past - whether it is as the crow flies, by some magic short cut, to the ticket booths, main gate etc etc etc

Surely there should be some marker that this claim can be based on to keep it comparable. For example - claims should be based on taking the main route door to door to the WDW main gate?

Not naming a villa in particluar but I'm sure the claim of Indian Wells to Disney in 3 mins in very unrealistic.

If the owner is not being entirely truthful about distances - what else is not fully true. It would put me off renting that particular one.

Is this worth considering?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Not naming a villa in particluar but I'm sure the claim of Indian Wells to Disney in 3 mins in very unrealistic.[/quote]

Not in a helicopter!

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We'd expect all advertisers to use realistic times but it's a tricky one to police without going out and trying out a route from each community.

I personally would think 3 minutes from Indian Wells is perhaps a little on the low side but it *could* possibly be done in that time as the community is *very* close to Disney. I have no idea for sure though.

Florida Chatterbox
    Not that close though! You would perhaps still be waiting at the junction to get out of the community.

It is a bit of false advertsing though is it not?

I have also stayed on the US27 and the drive times from there are also very unrealistic.

Just a thought as it does make you think twice about booking them!

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    As I say, it's a very hard one to police. Owners will obviously base their times on the best drive time they have done themselves and depending on the time of day a guest travels, they may or may not be able to achieve the same time.

If you have any specific adverts you think are way out then please do email me with the advert numbers and what times you think they should be and I can look into it for you - email me at john@orlandovillas.com

Hi Millie,

I think that drive times are always going to be open to debate.

Why not ask the owner of the villa you are interested in how far the home is from Disney in miles rather than minutes and which point on Disney property they are measuring to. Drive times can vary a lot depending on the traffic, how you hit the lights and of course on the speed you drive but the distance is always going to stay the same no matter what the road conditions are like.
    Julie

We are on the 27 and take our drive time to Animal Kingdom the nearest park. We have actually done it in under 12 minutes but say realistically it take 15 minutes but in busy times it will take longer.

If you are in any doubt ask the owner of the home you are interested in.
    Jill and Brian

Florida Expert
    I have taken the route I advise my guests to use and clocked mileage and the time taken in "normal" driving conditions.

I put down miles as you can never be sure of the traffic from day to day
    Linda

We've stayed in Indian Wells before, and they are telling the truth, and you could get to Disney in 3 minutes. I believe they are THE closest short term rental community to Disney. Disney in this case the the Disney arch just past the I4 underpass on the 536. Perhaps a better judgement would be to ask, how long to the nearest Disney theme park, which for Indian Wells i would put most certainly under 10 minutes to Epcot.
    Wilf & Sarah

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
    We've stayed in Indian Wells before, and they are telling the truth, and you could get to Disney in 3 minutes. I believe they are THE closest short term rental community to Disney. Disney in this case the the Disney arch just past the I4 underpass on the 536. Perhaps a better judgement would be to ask, how long to the nearest Disney theme park, which for Indian Wells i would put most certainly under 10 minutes to Epcot.
    [/quote]
    I am with Wilf and Sarah on this one. We too have stayed at Indian Wells albeit some years ago and the distance to the "Disney Arch" via the 535 can be done in less than 5 mins certainly.

Liz