Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slight complaint

Florida Chatterbox
    Not sure if I have made this point on this forum before but what is important is if you have to spend a whole day at the parks or if you are close enough to make two trips with ease.

Is the villa close enough to go to the park in the morning and be able to come back to the villa mid afternoon, chill by the pool, take a nap and be able to go back to DTD or City Walk for an evening?

Or is the villa too far away that the time it takes to go back and forth means that you have to spend the whole day away to make the most of your time?

Really 10 - 30 min is neither here nor there, but getting closer to an hour means that a trip to the parks has to be planned.

Not sure how you would word this in a advert for your villa.

Close enough for casual trips to the parks or ideal for a day trip to the parks.

Again each villa owner will be wanting to "sell" their home in the best light.

Remember not everyone who goes to Florida necessary intends to go to the parks every day and they may prefer to live a bit further out to get a different atmosphere, a more relaxed vacation. It could be preferable to know that the location was that bit further away.

The map on this site ( http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx )showing the location of the villa communities is very good to highlight exactly where each is. Also google maps will enable you to calculate the distance between places.

I agree with Millie that information on websites is not always correct, whether it is driwing time to Disney or something else.
    We have looked at loads and loads of villas through all kinds of websites, this one included.
    They all seem to be situated 10 or 15 minutes from Disney, even as far down as Southern Dunes. Now, I wonder if that is true. However, the distance is not too important to us, we look at connections to the parks rather then miles.

Something that does bother us however is that owners seem to lie about which side their pool faces. We are definitely looking for a villa with west or south west facing pool since we are going in the winter. Whe we look at villas which advertise "south facing pool" and we look up that villa on bing.maps, we find that some villas actually face north and still claim to be south facing. That is just deceiving guests. And when we email to that owner about their pool direction, we just don't hear from them again.

I wonder, is it that some owners do not know the difference between south and north or that they just have no idea which way their pool faces? In that case they shouldn't mention any side though.

I know it is important to "sell" your villa and hope to get as many guests as possible but isn't it much better to be honest so that a guest knows what he'll get and may even come back?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    If you know of any adverts on any of our sites like this then please do let us know in total confidence. We take the accuracy of adverts very seriously but obviously cannot spot all things unless people let us know.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by letournerie
    Something that does bother us however is that owners seem to lie about which side their pool faces. We are definitely looking for a villa with west or south west facing pool since we are goin
    [/quote]

I know I've tried the " Short drive to Disney" on our advert but it doesn't seem to work
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Our home is on Lindfields and we say that it is approx. 5 miles from Disney property. We also give guests the shortcut route and have measured it ourselves and that mileage is to the traffic lights at the turn to Animal Kingdom. We also say that it close enough to return home mid-day which is great especially if you have young children who get tired.

As to the pool issue we tell our guests that although it faces north, it gets the sun most of the day as there are no 2-storey homes around it and it is a single storey property. That is the truth, we are there in the winter months and always get the sun. We chose it for that reason and there is a lanai for extra shelter from the sun in high summer. We find that lots of people like a bit of shade especially if they are from the UK and have small children.

We never knowingly lie to our guests, why would we when they will only complain if we do and we want them to have a great holiday and hopefully want to return in the future or to recommend us to friends.

Andrena

Hi Andrena,
    If you tell people you are facing north that way they can decide for themselves if they like that or not.
    As we are only going in Feb, have teens, plus we leave the villa around 7 AM we would be around the pool from around 4 PM. That's when we want the sun. We also like lanais but more to be able to sit outside when it rains, and yes, when you go in summer you need it for shade.

Last year we had a villa with a north facing pool, we did not get any sun......mind you, we had a small deck too and rented through an angency. Never again!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Andrena,
    If you tell people you are facing north that way they can decide for themselves if they like that or not.
    As we are only going in Feb, have teens, plus we leave the villa around 7 AM we would be around the pool from around 4 PM. That's when we want the sun.
    [/quote]

I might not matter too much at that time of year. It'll start to go dark from around 5 o'clock and the sun sets not much after 6.00 pm.

The time it takes to get to disney depends on many factors. To be honest the time of day you travel makes all the difference. Where some villas are closer they actually have more trafic on the roads you have to use, those that are farer obviously take a little longer. Swings and roundabouts really, as long as they are all within 20 minutes of Disney it should not really casue too many problems.

Dominic & Melanie Graham

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    Hi Andrena,
    As we are only going in Feb, have teens, plus we leave the villa around 7 AM we would be around the pool from around 4 PM. That's when we want the sun.
    [/quote]

I might not matter too much at that time of year. It'll start to go dark from around 5 o'clock and the sun sets not much after 6.00 pm.
    [/quote]

We've been there before in that time of year and it doesn't get dark at 5. We just want the un until it sets. And then you need west facing.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    Hi Andrena,
    [/quote]

[/quote]

We've been there before in that time of year and it doesn't get dark at 5. We just want the un until it sets. And then you need west facing.
    [/quote]

I don't think I said it gets dark at 5.00 pm.