Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta flight info anyone? do they feed you?!

Florida Junior

Delta flight info anyone? do they feed you?!

A few Delta airlines questions for you all.

We are travelling from Edinburgh to Orlando via JFK next Fri [clap], I have been trying to find the info on the Delta website to see what meals will be offered and in flight entertainment but I cannot find much and do not want to call them and ask these questions! From what I can see we will only be offered a snack and something from the snack basket (eg. Bag peanuts etc) can anyone tell me what we should expect? Can we take food on the plane and does that food have to be bought after security in Edinburgh and anything left will be taken off us when we get to JFK?
    Its going to be a long day and we don’t want to be starving by the end of it. Will take food if needed but unsure of the rules on carrying food in hand luggage.
    Also according to the website we are travelling on a 757-200 on the way there changing to a MD88 McDonnell Douglas(?) and on the way to Orlando from JFK, will we need to take headphones, do they have seat back tvs or is it the old tv every three/four rows?
    Sorry of trivial but is bugging me!

Delta feed you well ,You will get a meal and afternoon meal also drink is free only spirits and beer you will have to pay for ,So these is no need to take food on board they also sell things on there trolly when they come rount with extra drink soft drinks are given free on this trolly as well .
    You will get a book in the pocket at the front back of the seat of the one in front of you which will tell you what channels havr films on and radio and music if you prefer .Ear plugs are free and we save them for when we do the return journey .
    If you sign up on there page in the book on board or online you will all get sky miles and each time you travel with them in the future you will get more and you will get a statment each month how many miles you have .
    Not sure about tvs on the back of seats as some we had and some had not .
    Enjoy your trip with DELTA as we always do and your vacation in florida.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Junior
    thanks, put my mind at ease. I was unsure whether I had to buy headsets before we go or not so that helps too.
    We have signed up to the skymiles but unsure when we will be over there next, could be our last for a long time!

Florida Newbie
    Hi Pam, I flew with Delta last month, from Heathrow to Orlando via JFK... The plane on the way out wasn't all that new, it had tv's but not seat back tv's. The whole entertainment system was down on the plane though, so even Business and First couldn't use their tv's! Meals were good and so was the service.

The internal flight 'JFK to MCO' was awesome. This was a brand new plane, with seat back tv's and they came round with drinks once, and thats when you choose either a bag of nuts or a biscuit... The biscuits are GOOD!

All in all, apart from there being no entertainment on the 7-odd hour flight over, Delta were a good airline, on time, and even early for the connection take off in New York! I would fly with them again!
    Chris

Just arrived back today, first time we have used Delta. On the journey from LGW to ATL we had two meals - dinner and tea. Drinks are free for non alcholic and hot drinks with packs of nuts. Continually offered throughout flight, also we had icecream between these mealtimes. Overhead screens. ATL - MCO we had back seat tv's and a complimentary drink.
    Return journey, MCO to ATL we had no tv's but did have complimentary soft drink. ATL to LGW Dinner(with free bottle of wine or beer) and Breakfast,complimentary non alcholic drinks continously. Backseat tv's with games as well as films and tv shows.
    Staff are older, more relaxed and friendly. Would I travel with them again?.....DEFINATELY.
    NB customs in Atlanta so much quicker and friendlier than MCO.

Shame we had nightmare with the car rental (Dollar), still makes my blood boil that I had to argue for 45 minutes and refuse to pay again. Or take a 7 seater van instead of the 12 that I had paid for (albeit this was the same size as my usual 8 seater witrh a seat added, taking away boot space.
    Jan

Hi Pam,

We have only used Delta a few times but have been very impressed with their service. You will be provided with a full meal and free drinks on the long haul part of your flight along with complimentary wine or alcohol drink with your meal. They do come around quite often with free soft drinks and the opportunity to buy beer etc. You normally receive a welcome pack on your seat which contains, eye mask, ear phones, moisturiser, toothbrush and toothpaste. If you check on the Delta website you can also find out which films will be shown on your flight. No entertainment as such on the shorter connecting flight but they do come around with complimentary drink and snack.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

If you look on their website you can also book Special Meals in advance-

Asian
    Baby
    Child
    Bland
    Diabetic
    Gluten-free
    Kosher
    Low-sodium
    Muslim
    Seafood (cold)
    Vegetarian (pure)

To request a special meal, you must contact Reservations at least 12 hours (24 hours for Kosher) before your scheduled flight departure. Once you check in, advise the gate agent and a flight attendant that you ordered a special meal.

Last time I chose the seafood as I was getting fed up with chicken or pasta everytime I flew. Had a really nice poached salmon salad for lunch and smoked salmon roll for afternoon snack.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Florida Expert
    We also used Delta out here last week - Manchester via JFK. One of the best flights we have ever been on. Food good, TV's on seatbacks. Nice and relaxing flight. Hope it is the same on the way home. [msnsmile2]

Hope you are enjoying your vacation Arlene and good to hear you had a good flight with delta we have been fliying with them for a few years and when they were having there problems as all craft were we got a e-mail saying thank you for supporting them through the good time and the bad .
    Which we though that was nice .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Junior
    thanks again all. Not long to go now and you have all put my mind at ease.......heres hoping the 1hr 35mins they have allowed us in JFK is enough to clear immigration etc and get to the MCO flight on time now!