Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Halloween

Florida Savvy

Halloween

What does you town/area have on for Halloween?

My area is mixed between rental homes like mine, plus retirees and some families. I will be decorating and carving a pumpkin and hoping kids will turn up. Nothing on in the area I know of yet (Rotonda/Englewood).

What does your town/development do for halloween?

Florida Savvy
    I posted this on the Gulf forum, and now it has been moved.

I was and am looking for Gulf Coast responses of which I will probably no longer get many due to the move. But I am interested in hearing what individual communities are doing elsewhere in Orlando and the rest of FL as well.

I wasn't asking about the disney/Universal stuff because most of us already know about those events.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We were at our villa in Kissimeee at Halloween a few years ago and quite a few of the homes were decorated. On Halloween night it was much the same as here in the UK with the kids going around trick or treating.
    Not alot else going on locally. Disney and Universal had their owned themed Halloween nights running up to Halloween. We did the Disney one and 70% of the people got dressed up in Halloween costumes and it was a good fun night.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Thanks.

Anyone else? Anyone from the Gulf?

Florida Expert
    Andrea,

I have been in Rotonda during Halloween and there is a very big, well supported parade along West Dearborn Street (where the Lemon Bay Theater is). It starts around 6 pm and the retailers give out sweets etc.

I was not aware of any door-to-door trick and treating. Apart from that and Wal Mart being completely black and orange and plenty of pumpkins for sale there isn't much organised.
    Clare R

Florida Savvy
    thanks Clare!

My neighborhood has older as well as newer homes so I am hoping for a few trick or treaters. thanks for the info on Dearborne parade.

Never seen or heard of 'trick-or-treaters' during 6 years of owning a villa in Rotonda. Even in a very safe area like Rotonda I think parents are nervous of letting children knock on doors of strangers and I imagine the many retired residents would not appreciate it. As Clare said all the activity seems to take place in Dearborn Street, Englewood.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Mots parents will be out in the streets with kids if they are young. As rule those who dress their homes up are one for trick or treaters, those not dressed up are not. I really miss Halloween in florida it is lots of fun.
    We did have a halloween in rotunda one year and it was much quieter than the Kissimmee are but still fun.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mo Green
    Never seen or heard of 'trick-or-treaters' during 6 years of owning a villa in Rotonda. Even in a very safe area like Rotonda I think parents are nervous of letting children knock on doors of strangers and I imagine the many retired residents would not appreciate it. As Clare said all the activity seems to take place in Dearborn Street, Englewood.

Mo
    [/quote]

Florida Savvy
    A Rotonda Halloween update.

We had tons of trick or treaters. and many of the owners dressed up to greet the children. We had McCain and Hillary C Masks to wear. there were no Palin ones that I saw, and the Obama ones were sold out.

I think if you haven't seen them you were maybe out, and many come before dark, or you didn't put out a pumpkin/decorations etc and leave on the porch light. Most if not all were occumpanied by their parents, of whom many drove their kids round.