Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queuing - Whats your wait time limit?

It quite often is the case of hitting the right ride at the right time during busy periods. Experience of the parks helps you decide where to go though. Sometimes it's best to go to the most popular ride first even if it is the other side of the park and work you way round from there. Sometimes going anti clockwise helps too. Also making use of the Disney Fast passes is invaluable during peak times[msnsmile]

Dawn

Florida Chatterbox
    Fifteen years ago we would quite happily queue 90 mins....maybe not happy but accepted the wait as we always went July/August and thought this was the norm....now...20 mins and we are grumpy. I still like to get to the park ASAP and stay till late but hubby now says after three or four hours he has had enough!

Maddie

Florida Savvy
    I think now the most I would wait is 45-60 mins.

I seem to recall from memory waiting something like 100-120 mins for the dumbo ride in the Magic Kingdom in 1992 - that was on 4th July!!!, the park was heaving but there was no way we were going to get away with our two daughters (Now 21 and 24) not getting on that ride....

The funny bit was while we were waiting my wife bumped into someone she trained with in 1980 - also on vacation in Florida at the same time.

Thank goodness for Fastpass now....

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wait times can be reduced in the Disney Parks by using the FastPass system and also making use of the Parades.
    This can also be done in Universal but will cost you for the pleasure!

A lot of popular rides have long queues, but during Parade times these are dramatically reduced.

Go early, go late, go another time!! Keep an open mind and you will always ride the ones you want to.

If its a ride we want to go on, then we wait our turn! It's all part of the adventure. [msnsmile2][msnwink]
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Expert
    We went to Universal this week and only went on rides that had a maximum 15 minute wait. We used to queue for 90 minutes plus in the past. But are no longer prepared to do this. (Must be old age). One of the rides in IOA had a 35 minute wait. We went and did Pluto's barge ride and by the time we went back we could practically walk right on. Parks not that busy, which is great for queuing times.

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    When we have been in July we have waited over 2 hours for a ride. The parks were packed and if we didn't queue our entry fee would have been a waste of money!
    Frances

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you go to guest services, they can advise you on the best time to ride.

They are very helpful and can also help you plan your day.
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Expert
    We have never had a problem waiting our turn - although with 2 kids in tow they tend to let us know whether they really want to go on a particular ride enough to wait. Our 10 year old girl will normally wait patiently, our 13 year old boy thinks 5 minutes is too long.
    What annoys me are the ones who either jump the line because one person has been standing and saving a spot for 3 others, and the kids in groups that get past the 'express pass checker' then jump over to the express pass lane rather than waiting with the rest of us.

Kenny

Just back today, arrived 4th Oct which was the Sat so waited to the Monday for our first IOA/Universal day.
    First we went to IOA for just after 9.00 and to the Hulk which we walked straight on, then to Spiderman which
    was walk on as well, Bluto.s barge ride was to be next but did not open till 10.00 so went on Ripsaw falls I
    think it was called, again was walk on, then to Jurassic Park, same again and on to Dueling Dragons which
    we again walked on to and then the front row 3 times one after the other with no wait. It was so unbelievable.

Florida Chatterbox
    Fantastic isnt it when you can do that , it really does spoil you though [msncool]