Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queuing - Whats your wait time limit?

Florida Chatterbox

Queuing - Whats your wait time limit?

Hi everyone.

We went to Universal yesterday, and IoA the day before, and literally walked on every ride, and had done everything we wanted to do in 2 and a half hours.

This has been the case the last few times we have been (generally march/april or oct/nov time)

We have now come to realise tho that we have now been spoiled, as we came to one ride in IoA (Spiderman) which was 20 mins, and decided that this was too long and walked on by.

When it is that quiet, and you actually have to walk the full length of the queuing turnstyles, you realise just how long these queues could be. The Duelling Dragons queue must be horrific when the park is at capacity, as you have a twisty windy bit outside, then that long walk through the castle, and Im sure many others are the same.

How long do you consider too long?

It depends on many factors, the weather, the make up of the party ( any young children? ) is it your first visit to that ride,your plans for the remainder of the day and wether or not you will be returning to that park?

In our early visits to Florida, before the fast pass innovation and when we always travelled in school holidays, we happily waited up to 90 mins for a ride and thought nothing of it, I wouldn't do it now though when we often visit off peak and can usually return to a park at a future date.

There always seems to be some sort of queue for Spiderman, thankfully it's not one of my favourite rides[sick][sick]. However if we are determined to do it we will often take the single rider queue and although there are no guarantees of being seated to gether there are many times we have been[msnsmile]

Liz

On our own, probably no more than 30 minutes and that would be for a ride I haven't been on before. Having said that, on our last two trips to theme parks we had our friends and their kids with us and we waited more than that as the kids wanted to go on everything!
    Regards, Mark

Generally 40 minutes is our cut off. We have always been lucky, despite always going in the school holidays and have managed to do the rides we want to without a longer wait.
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    We are like you Angela and would consider 20 mins far too long. We would never dream of visiting any of the parks at peak times for that reason. It just shows that if you are able to go outside of the busiest times, you will have more time to spend on the rides rather than waiting in line.[msncool]

For certain rides I will wait for longer. Soarin has been my longest wait of 90 minutes
    My better half has waited well over 2 hours for the same ride, but I refuse to wait that long.

Barbara

It is the times we live in i do not think we have patience now like we had when we first went to Florida we seem to take the agro of UK and we are on vacation ,There used to be artist performing as you waited in the queue but that has all gone now with the cut backs shsame as they were good
    We would wait a little longer for some things but come back later for others .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think that they make all the pre-ride line area so interesting, it takes some of the pain out of the wait and builds up loads of anticipation.

As a for instance, the 'lead' area to the now defunct King Kong ride was in a New York metro station and Universal had imported NY graffiti artists to make everything look very authentic, so much so that it was really fascinating to explore and you almost forgot you were in a line for a ride!

The point of mentioning King Kong was that it was a great ride and, if you were only going to Florida once, it wasn't one to miss so I guess the queue was part of the ride.

If you go to Florida frequently, perhaps you'll be tempted to think that you'll catch a ride with a long queue at some other time but be careful with this as they sometimes close altogether and you may never get another chance for that particular ride.
    blott

When we first went the longest we waited was just over 2hours for the original tour at MGM to see the making of cartoons. Can't remember what it was called. It was well worth the wait as it was fascinating. It is no longer there now just like the original backstage tour.
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    We were also at Universal yesterday and walked on most rides. We decided to do the Simpsons which was 20 minute wait which is too long for us normally; as we have annual passes we just leave and come back and do it another day. We were out of the park by lunchtime having done most rides and some twice. When we were there in July we only waited 10 mins or so for the Simpsons as we did in May when it opened so I think it is just your luck when you catch the queues.
    CDV