Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virgin air miles

Florida Savvy

virgin air miles

Can anyone explain the virgin airmile system eg how to collect and check how many you have Also is it only flights you get miles for many thanks

Also if you fly with say BMI how you collect the virgin miles.
    Lynne

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Also if you spend on a Virgin AMEX card you will get air miles for every pound you spend
    The points you get are dependent on the card you have, eg 1 mile per £1 on one card
    or 2 mile per £1 spend on the other card. Plus they always seem to have offers.
    mike

wrpac00
    You also get reward flights with the Virgin Amex, either a companion fare or the 2 I got for the first time a few weeks ago which was an Econ>Premuim upgrade. I used 100000 airmiles for 2 economy tkts and then paid £566 (for 2 people) to upgrade to PE.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
    I used 100000 airmiles for 2 economy tkts and then paid £566 (for 2 people) to upgrade to PE.[/quote]Oh what a shame - they were advertising upgrades for £169 each from Manchester check-in when we travelled last.
    blott

The upgrades offered at the airports are 'usually' only one way, so I guess you did well Paul if that was the case.

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    we finally used our miles for our trip next April!

We booked Prem Eco return and used 7500 miles per person + £720 - which was £190 cheaper then the advertised rate.

The Economy miles + money fare was the same as the advertsied regular fare.

It seems you only get a good deal when you upgrade IMHO!
    Caz

We used our miles in April and got two first class tickets to LA. Am busy saving for some more now [msnsmile2]
    We are also flying on Sunday with flights that we bought for £329 plus 2000 miles each.
    Jan and Lee

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
    I used 100000 airmiles for 2 economy tkts and then paid £566 (for 2 people) to upgrade to PE.[/quote]Oh what a shame - they were advertising upgrades for £169 each from Manchester check-in when we travelled last.
    [/quote]

I like to be sure I have what I want Blott not risk it at the airport[msnwink]

I've tried a few times to use the airmiles but without much success - couldn't get the dates, or the cost of miles plus money was more than the cost just using cash. I upgraded my father-in-law from Economy to Upper Class on the return journey this summer and it cost 30,000 miles, and I'm not sure if it was a bargain or not.
    Tonish