Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Approved online ESTA

Mine to![msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Unless you change your name, your passport expires, you move house etc, then you have to update it.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    ours was done yesterday as I will have more than enough to remember for our trip in Jan 09.
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Florida Newbie
    hi, i got an email about this and gonna fill it in, but nto sure how it will work for my girlfriend and was hoping someone can tell me what the deal is. We both stay in Scotland, but she is canadian and has a canadian passport, but it does have a British residence stamp in it. Will she just have to fill in a visa on the plane as normal as there isnt an option for Canada?
    thanks for any help

Florida Junior
    what happens to the application if you do not have 6 months on your passport at departure.are we better waiting till we renew our passports

Gold 5 Star Member
    The US Embassy website says 90 days is the required amount, but also says

"If you are traveling visa free under the Visa Waiver Program and your passport is not valid for 90 days, you will be admitted into the United States until the date on which the passport expires".

So it shouldn't be a problem.

Here is the link:-

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv.html#niv079

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kay9jess
    what happens to the application if you do not have 6 months on your passport at departure.are we better waiting till we renew our passports
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    The ESTA number is valid for 2 years or until the expiration of your passport , so personally I'd renew the passports and then apply to save having to go through the process twice.

Q: How far in advance of my trip do I need to apply for travel authorization through ESTA?

A: To facilitate the authorization process, DHS recommends that ESTA applications be submitted no less than 72 hours prior to travel. However, applications may be submitted at any time prior to traveling to the United States under the VWP. VWP travelers are not required to have specific plans to travel to the United States before they apply for an ESTA; however, each approved ESTA application will be valid for a period of two years or until the applicant's passport expires, whichever comes first. As soon as VWP travelers begin to plan a trip to visit the United States, they are encouraged to apply for authorization through the ESTA website. If applicants' destination addresses or itineraries should change after their authorization has been approved, they may easily update that information through the ESTA website. After ESTA becomes mandatory, travelers who have not received ESTA approval may be denied boarding, experience delayed processing, or be denied admission at a U.S. port of entry.

Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    anyone know if they have sorted out the blip on the system which didnt allow you to complete the application if your passports were valid for longer than 10 years yet? Gill

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lewisp
    anyone know if they have sorted out the blip on the system which didnt allow you to complete the application if your passports were valid for longer than 10 years yet? Gill[/quote]Yes, mine worked fine despite being valid for more than ten years.
    blott

I filled in the ESTA in November for our trip to Orlando. I am going to Chicago in February, does any one know if I have to go into the site again and change my travel details on it ie flight no , destination etc. I wouldn't like to get to the airport and be told I can't travel[msnoo]

Judy