Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: travel insurance to florida with asthma cover

Florida Junior

travel insurance to florida with asthma cover

Hi all

Hoping you can help. I am looking for travl insurance for or trip to florida next month for 23 days.
    The only 'pre existing condition' that I have is asthma, I have two inhalers that rarely get used expect when I get hit with the flu/cold. My hubby does not have anything wrong with him...I am 27 he is 33.
    Anyway, cheapest insurance I can find is 68.00 with Karma insurance, can anyone suggest anywhere else or am I looking for too much do you think!

Gold 5 Star Member
    My daughter and husband are both covered for asthma with direct-travel. the rates may be adjusted but if necessary (usually if oyu dont need nebulliser and havent been hospitalised within the year it seems to be ok without extra premium). The important thiing is not to just look for the cehapest but the cover you get and make sure you get a letter in writing to say you are covered for asthma (or any other pre existing condition. The USA is not a place where you want to find out the insurance doesnt want to pay out should you need it.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    Insure and go cover this as standard as long as you phone and tell them.

Florida Junior
    My asthma is the same as yours, rarely use inhalers, I have an annual travel insurance covering worldwide including USA and it costs £99 for the year so I'm guessing one trip would be cheaper. It's with All Clear.
    Anita

Florida Junior
    just tried All Clear and with only Asthma they want 140.00 for the two of us on the one policy. Off to try Insure and Go now.

Florida Expert
    Try ColumbusDirect - my wife has asthma, and they provide our annual policy...

Florida Savvy
    Let me know how you get on with Insure & Go we used them last time and didnt have a problem

I have annual insurance with Insure & Go and was recommended to take out extra cover for DD who has asthma (extra £21.25) she uses inhaler daily and is well controlled, never been hospitalised (touch wood). Apparently if you are on 2 types of medication or less then the cover will "probably" come under the standard cover, as DD is on the inhalers daily and the tablets then that is why we have the extra charge. Do check carefully with the insurance companies, it is best to be covered.
    Sharon
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1719.aspx

Florida Junior
    I have just arranged insurance for 23 days with Karma Insurance. Was a good level of cover and came in at 57.00 for us both and that covers my asthma also.
    Insure and Go were offering a similar level of cover but they came in at 88.00 for the two of us and that was before she even went through the health screening.

thanks all!