Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Upgrading at the Desk - Dollar MCO

Florida Newbie

Upgrading at the Desk - Dollar MCO

Hi everyone, I've booked a Full Size Dollar this Friday and am concerned that something like a Hyundai Santa Fe won't be big enough for 5 people for a drive down from Orlando to Miami.

Last November I had the Durango which I loved, will I be able to upgrade at the desk in MCO? Roger?

Additionally, the card with which I made my booking I no longer have as I've moved to a different Credit Card company. Will this be fine as long as I have a card in my name or do they need the original card?

Thanks

Paul.
    Y.N.W.A.

It will be far more costly to upgrade at the desk than to do something about it now. Would suggest upgrading before you go, although you don't have much time to do that. Am sure Roger will advise you on whether this is still possible. It is by far the best option.

Have a great trip!
    ellie

Will be cheaper to buy the car [msnwink]

No really, if you want something bigger, sort it now, it will probably more than double your bill otherwise
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    Durangos are not bookable in advance so to upgrade you would have to do at the rental desk - am I still correct? - I have booked through OV and also FHT and this has never been possible - this is as at our last trip August 07.

Administrator
    You can indeed book a Durango (or similar 7 seater SUV) specifically on our site. In the past (maybe at the time you last booked) you may have had to book a standard SUV then upgrade at the desk (expensive) but you can now book the larger Premium SUV.

Florida Chatterbox
    I drive a Sante Fe in the UK and would say theres plenty of space for 5 plus cases. Ours has a large boot space.

Ive also driven a durango in the States and as far as I'm concerned theres no difference in internal space or boot space. Gill