Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December Fishing

Florida Newbie

December Fishing

Hi all

Arriving the 27th December and am looking forward to some good fishing, I will be staying in Davenport (Watersong)and am looking for some bass/catfish fishing (never caught either)I was going to take my own fishing gear but after looking on Walmarts site have decided to buy over there instead. any help would be appriciated.

Cheers

Gold 5 Star Member
    Catfish are hated by most fishermen and they do everything possible to avoid catching them, any bait left on the bottom will get a catfish. Slimey and difficult to get of the hook.

Well worth a visit to the east coast to fish off a pier or the beach. Pompano, whiting, snook, bluefish, redfish can be caught in Dec

Florida Newbie
    Cheers for that but I want to catch something i have not caught before and catfish and bass are two things i have never caught. So any help on these two would be great.

Cheers

Gold 5 Star Member
    The biggest places to catch big mouth bass are in Lake Toho and East Lake Toho - you can get to Lake Toho via the 192 to Kissimmee Historic District and then turn left at any of the roads where the stores are or via Poinciana Boulevard at Southport. East Lake Toho is at St Cloud.

Having said that, you may be able to catch big mouth bass and catfish in any lake in your community where you're staying if it has a lake and fishing is allowed there.

You'll need a fishing licence wherever you fish and you can obtain this from either places like Wal-Mart, fishing tackle stores or online from the Fish and Wildlife Service. It's around $17 - $18.
    blott

Great to hear you will be coming to Orlando. You might want to consider hiring a guide to really experience Florida Bass Fishing. [website link edited]

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    I was in the same boat (excuse the pun) a year or so ago and went out on the chain of lakes with a guide to catch large mouth bass.
    Good fun but it is a bit pricey.

If you make your way to US27 from Watersong and head south for 10 mins and come off at the Haines City turn but head West you come to Lake Alfred. There is a dock there that you can fish from. You will catch catfish and if the correct lure or bait is used there is a chance of bass. Trouble I have there is if I put meat on the hook I seem to catch turtles!

I have had a pretty big mud fish from there too caught on worm.

Every chance if you go to the dock there will be just you there but on occasion you find the odd local.

Florida Chatterbox
    Dh went fishing off CoCoa Beach last trip and he caught sharks. Not huge ones obviously. But a big enough fight. He thoroughly enjoyed it and it was very reasonable and all tackle included in the price. Can DM you the link if you wish.

Florida Newbie
    Yes please, I want to do some sea fishing and sharks would be amazing thanks for the offer.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Again sharks are very easy to catch off the beach; although summer is best.

Just south of Cocoa Beach, a guy is claiming the world record for a rod and line(from the beach) caught shark at 1,800lbs - photos in the paper etc. A surfer took his bait(a stingray) out quite a long way.

Here is a shark and a catfish

Florida Newbie
    Very nice pictures, this is what I am looking for, something I have not caught before (catfish, Bass) that sort fo thing, I will be trying the beaches and looking into a boat trip as well.