Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December Fishing

Florida Newbie
    Anthony, thanks for the advice as well I missed your post, that would be amazing if it's only 10 mins from Watersong, we will be trying that out.

Cheers

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Depending on how much you want to spend determines what you get.

Do a search for fishing charters out of certain areas (Clearwater has quite a few). I know there are a few who have a calender of sorts and you can see where the gaps are for single fishermen. You will be with a few others but you then share the bill for the charter. I would expect to pay about $100 or slightly more.

The pier fishing is good and I have fished several across Florida catching Sharks, Barracuda, Trigger fish, Catfish, Flounder etc. etc. I think you get the rod (pole in US) bait and licence for less than $30 on most piers. Try and get live shrimp and hook them just under the spine an their heads as this doesn't kill them so they stay alive and attractive to fish.

Still the best fishing I have done in Florida is the Tarpon Fishing in Boca Grande. June is best though.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    By your name and avatar you are obviously a professional fisherman[msnwink]

From a hobby fisherman who doesn't have time to fish in the UK. I must admit I love catching catfish. My son, and I love walking to the end of our garden in Florida and fishing the lake. It a matter of minutes with even bread flakes you can catch catfish.

Many of our guests are similar and comment on the ease of catching the local fish, catfish, probably Bass, but I am no expert. It is fun and easy in Florida. Most areas of water will contain fis...

Just be aware as in the UK there are regulations re licenses etc.Walmart as you mentioned has all the tackle and advice so enjoy your fishing.
    Graham

Florida Newbie
    "By your name and avatar you are obviously a professional fisherman" I wish lol, no i just love fishing and love catching new species of fish, I have taught Kids over here how to fish with the local rangers and have won couple of trophys but just love wetting a line especially in another country.

With regard to tackle- don't bring any with you- take a day [yes day] to look around OUtdoor World at the end of International Drive- we have a fisherman friend who spends HOURS browsing in there, and brings home different lures etc than you can get in UK -he bought a collection of fishing rods to leave over in Florida and a couple of cheaper ones for his grandsons. He also buys from Walmart- but outdoor world is fun- they do fishing demonstrations in the HUGE tank they have in there

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well if you really do want a catfish(can't think why!!) you get any sort of bait(fish, meat, cheese, shrimp clam) throw it into any water(sea - river - lake) and let it sink to the bottom.

No need to do anything, have a beer, and you will catch a catfish.

If you get a Pompano rig(with 3 hooks) same procedure will catch you 3 catfish at the same time.

If you want more of a challenge, buy a goldfish, put it in a bowl and use a small hook to catch it.

Please Please don't tell the people in Outdoor World you want to catch a catfish - they think us Brits a bit crazy anyway.[msnwink]

Plenty of americans fish for catfish, its the staple diet in the south. Nowt wrong with catching them and you can get some monsters.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Well if you really do want a catfish(can't think why!!) you get any sort of bait(fish, meat, cheese, shrimp clam) throw it into any water(sea - river - lake) and let it sink to the bottom.

No need to do anything, have a beer, and you will catch a catfish.

If you get a Pompano rig(with 3 hooks) same procedure will catch you 3 catfish at the same time.

If you want more of a challenge, buy a goldfish, put it in a bowl and use a small hook to catch it.

Please Please don't tell the people in Outdoor World you want to catch a catfish - they think us Brits a bit crazy anyway.[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    I didn't mind catching this one in France last month. Thats me on the left. The ones in America have barbs on their fins. If they catch you it cause a little soreness.