Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GREEN CARD LOTTERY

Florida Chatterbox

GREEN CARD LOTTERY

I have been looking at the lottery documentation and it seems to me that UK citizens are not eligable but I know I have also seen posts where english people have mentioned that they have been sucessful in the lottery. Can anyone clarify for me what the position is

Thanks

Neil and Sharon

From my understanding UK citizens are still not eligible, but if you are of Irish decent, then you could be included. We used to pay and go in the lottery 16 years ago when we were more than a little nieve as it had changed prior to that. The company still accepted our cheque with application though!!!!

I am sure someone on here will have an upto date scenario or website that you can visit.

Sandra

If both of your parents were born in a 'qualifying country' then you can apply.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by neild292
    I have been looking at the lottery documentation and it seems to me that UK citizens are not eligable but I know I have also seen posts where english people have mentioned that they have been sucessful in the lottery. Can anyone clarify for me what the position is

Thanks

Neil and Sharon
    [/quote]

Administrator
    Or if your spouse was born in a qualifying country you can both apply, giving you 2 chances. That's what we did. Carolyn was born in Germany (her Dad was in the forces) and although 100% British that gave her the eligibility and we both applied. She won last year and we are all now here in the USA.

Florida Expert
    Our next door neighbours in Rotonda, both British born and in their 70s got Green Cards through the lottery. The husband works part-time on the local golf course.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you do qualify because you or your spouse or parents were born in a qualifying country, entry to the lottery is FREE and you don't have to pay to enter.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv/dvinfo.html

The next lottery will be in 2010 and August 2009 is the earliest registration date.
    blott

If this is the company I am thinking of (web site looks verfy official), there was class action law suit and we were sent a check for nearly all of our money. The lotterty is free to enter bui if you get through it does cost a tidy sum in various fees (but worth it).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    From my understanding UK citizens are still not eligible, but if you are of Irish decent, then you could be included. We used to pay and go in the lottery 16 years ago when we were more than a little nieve as it had changed prior to that. The company still accepted our cheque with application though!!!!

I am sure someone on here will have an upto date scenario or website that you can visit.

Sandra
    [/quote]

Administrator
    Just to clarify, the 2010 lottery registration period starts in a couple of weeks time, on October 2nd. Results will be announced from around mid 2009.

See http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ for official dates.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    If you do qualify because you or your spouse or parents were born in a qualifying country, entry to the lottery is FREE and you don't have to pay to enter.

The next lottery will be in 2010 and August 2009 is the earliest registration date.
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    I read that after you are successful in the lottery you have to go for an interview at the Embassy, if you said that you did not want to work in US but just wanted to live there would they still grant it?
    Tricia

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    Just to clarify, the 2010 lottery registration period starts in a couple of weeks time, on October 2nd. Results will be announced from around mid 2009.

See http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ for official dates.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott

The next lottery will be in 2010 and August 2009 is the earliest registration date.[/quote][/quote]But I didn't just make that up... The dates for the registration period for the DV-2010 lottery program will be widely publicized during August 2009. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_4317.html

Confusing innit?
    blott