Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: space shuttle take of on the 8th oct

Florida Newbie

space shuttle take of on the 8th oct

hi

we will be on our second week staying at champions gate kissimmee,,, already had some input into this but would like a bit more if possible... we have been told to view it at a beach i think it is cocoa beach, also something about 'indian' not sure what this means i somewhat recall it being a bridge? well we basically need to know about the indian thing also if we head for cocoa what time would we need to get there for cos i believe it will be quite busy,,,, went on the website to get tickets from kennedy but they ship them out on the 24th we are leaving on the 27th so we would not get them in time,,,,this to our group is a once in a lifetime to see it and would hate to miss the opportunity to view it.so if anyone knows the time to arrive at the beach could they let me know i would be much gratefull to you

Administrator
    The shuttle is actually planned to launch in the early hours of the morning on 10th October, but keep your eye on the date and time as it does frequently get delayed by up to several days.

Even for night launches the road can get very busy and I think you might need to allow a few hours to get there.

There is a large bridge on the Beachline that goes over the causeway (this may be the Indian River?) and I knnow viewings are good from there.

Night launches even look good (if it's clear) if you stay at your accommodation and watch from there. I watch all the launches from here in Kissimmee and have also been up close.

Florida Newbie
    hi

thanks for that

when looking last it was supposed to launch on the 8th now it has changed to 10th did not know this would happen so quick,,,,this is our last day till we fly home on the sat at about 4,30 from sanford,,, we might go got nothing to lose if we do... just have to make sure its still going then,, but thanks for that it made me look it up... lets hope its not cancelled due to weather,,,,,we are all going to keep our fingers crossed !!!!!

thanks

We usually watch it from our villa near to Championsgate. If the night is clear, then it is brilliant and no need to travel!!

Enjoy it anyway.

Sandra

We can see it from our florida room but we have guests in so we will have to see it from the NASA site .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Last October we watched a launch from Cocoa Beach and I must admit I had hoped we had a a better view. Titusville area should be better as it is further north than Cocoa Beach.
    A good few people have mentioned Jetty Park as a good place. Have a look at the search page there are a lot of good advice when it comes to launches.

Have fun.... [msncool]

TOM
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1231.aspx

Florida Savvy
    We arrive in FL on 13th Nov - the day after Endeavour (STS - 126) is due to take off. I'm really hoping it gets delayed a few days!
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mistert
    We arrive in FL on 13th Nov - the day after Endeavour (STS - 126) is due to take off. I'm really hoping it gets delayed a few days!

[/quote]

you are in luck, the October 10th one is now the 14th, which has had a knock on effect for the Endeavour launch in Nov

we arrive in Cocoa October 19th - so here's hoping for a delay[msnwink]
    Jan and Lee

Fingers crossed for you Jan & Lee - we arrive on the 16th so I hope you get to see the launch[msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave