Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Where on the East Coast??

Florida Newbie

Where on the East Coast??

Hi folks

We are planning a trip of a lifetime to Florida next year. This time we have decided to go for 4 weeks!!!

Already have a week in Orlando and a week in Siesta Key booked. We intend travelling from Siesta Key to Naples and staying for 2 nights then on to Key Largo. We would like to stay there for 5 nights, we plan to explore the Keys and also go to Miami for a visit.

Here is my question. Where should we stop on route back to Orlando along the East Coast? We'd like to be back in Orlando for at least 3 nights before flying home so have 4 nights to get back up there. The only place we've been to on the East Coast is Daytona Beach.

Thanks in advance
    Audrey

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    We had a few nights in Fort Lauderdale a few years back. We went on a lovely boat tour around the inlets and saw all the huge houses!! The 'captain' pointed out all the ones he knew with a 'story' and made the tour very enjoyable. we al;so went on a sea fishing trip for a day (I was just enjoying the sun, I don't do 'fishing' but my husband loved it, especially when we saw the dolphins swimming near the boat!). We drove into the everglades and went on an airboat tour and went to a wildlfe sanctury. There was laods to do!
    Frances

Florida Newbie
    Thank you. You are correct there is lots to do, in fact as I was looking at accomodation I was thinking we'll never do all this!! We just want to pack in as much as possible. My husband and I went to Florida for the first time on our honeymoon 17 years ago, then went back again 2004 and 2005 with the kids. We couldn't wait to go back so are planning our next trip for July 2009.
    Audrey

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Happy planning Audrey [msnsmile] and perhaps do a trip report to let us all know how you got on, it certainly sound like you are going to make the most of your 4 weeks [msnsmile2]
    Frances

Florida Newbie
    We just don't know the best way to travel back to Orlando from the Keys. Do we leave Key Largo and travel as long and as far up as we can instead of 2 or 3 hours then stopping for a night or 2, then onwards again for another 2 or 3 hours and stopping again? The problem with that is if we just drive as far as we can we don't want to miss out on finding a jewel.
    Please advise me the best place you've stayed on the East Coast.
    Does anyone know where I can find out travel distances and times?
    Audrey

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We travelled down from St Augustine and then across to Naples-we liked the look of Fort Lauderdale although we only spent a night there-We said that we would go back.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Albert the Frog
    Will check it out on the net.
    Thanks again.
    Aud