Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair straighteners

Florida Chatterbox

Hair straighteners

HELP!! Woman with frizzy hair!

I have discovered that my straighteners are not dual voltage, so presumably won't get hot in the US - Does anyone know of a good make (around 220 - 230c heat) straighteners that are available to buy either in the UK before I go, or in the US when I arrive, that will work in the US..........

Thank you!

I believe the new GHD's are dual voltage, I also have a pair that I bought in the US which are excellent they are made by CHI and look exactly like GHD's - I bought them at a beauty store in the FLorida Mall just outside Dillards (sorry I can't remember the name) they were about $90
    Caroline & Dave

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    linda

Just go to Walmart and get a pair, it will be far easier and cheaper.

UK ones will heat up but no where near the heat you need to straighten your hair.

Also a word of caution. With the heat etc in Florida, you may well find that after an hour or so making your hair absolutely perfect within an hour it will be curly again. So don't be to disheartened
    CERI

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you! Hopefully I'll be OK with the Florida heat, although I've had short hair for past trips, and now it's long! My hair is very strong, and whilst it takes a lot to straighten it, once done, it usually stays that way, despite heat & humidity.

Will go straight to an electrical store or Walmarts on my arrival!

I have some really rubbish straighteners in Florida, that came from one of the supermarkets, but I have to say that even when I have tried GHDs in the mall, my hair stil does the frizz thing after an hour. I have found some great, cheap stuff called 'pure shine, Frizz Remedy' that you can get in Wal Mart which really does help, as does the Aussie 3 minute moisture conditioner, again very cheap in Wal Mart
    Shirley

Florida Newbie
    I took my GHDs last October but they just wouldnt get hot enough. We went to Walmart and for around $40 got a set of Infiniti Conair and they worked a treat.I was really quite impressed with them considering the price.
    Sheena

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I got a nice pair of Tony and Guy ones recently from a beauty store in Winter Park.

It is hard going trying to keep long hair straight over here. I also have a pair of wet to dry which straighten when it's wet and they are not too bad, I think they came from one of the department stores, can't remember but even with them after an hour or so it's curling up!
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox TracyAndDean's Avatar
    I have the mark 4 GHD dual vault which I brought in the UK and would not be without them in Florida, they work brilliant and get really hot. I tried buying a cheap pair from Wal-mart but they we're no where near as good as the GHD.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you everyone for your advice! Don't really want to go to the expense of new GHD's - I use Babyliss Elegance at the moment, and prefer them to GHD's so I don't really need another expensive pair, plus my daughters will pinch them!! I've heard reasonable things about the Conair though, so might give them a try.

Thanks again! [clap]

The Conair ones are rubbish, I bought those, and my hair straightens with ease. I bough CORIOLISS ones at Florida Mall [on a market stall] and they are brill. THey are dual voltage also.