Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: first time in villa

Florida Newbie

first time in villa

hello everybody, this is my first post. we as a family have just had ouf forth coming holiday snatched away from us, by travel city direct going under, but thanks to thompson holiday,s we are still coming to kissimmi on the 8th oct, we were booked to go to the comfort suites close to old town, but are now goin to be staying in a private villa in the same area, we have never stayed in a villa before so its goin to be a little bit different, we have booked with a company called [name edited],who have 3 bed villa,s with private pool,s if anybody has got any info for me that would be great,

Florida Expert
    Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy your visit to Florida
    Linda

Florida Expert
    We find for a family that a villa is far better. You can have all your home comforts, cook a meal if you want (although i only did that 3 times in 3 weeks!), breakfast at leisure if you're having a chill day and having your own pool is fab. Also from my memories of hotels the villa is definately quieter which helps on kids sleeping in on the chill days. I am sure you will find a villa holiday very relaxing which I am sure will be welcome after what must have been quite a stressful time sorting this out.

Super Moderator
    First time we went to Florida we knew no different and stayed in a hotel. However a villa is a much better option as you will have so much more space. Nobody running up and down corridors late at night making a noise. Your own personal swimming pool to use when you like with no one else messing around. Your own full size kitchen so you have the choice of making meals and drinks to suit but also with the option to go out for a meal as and when you please. Best of all much more space and your own bedrooms. Your car parked outside the door or in the garage - no trying to find a parking space near your room when you return at night. Sounds strange but I also like being able to do all my washing and ironing before I return so I can just unpack when I get back home.

I am sure you will enjoy your holiday and have a great time.

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your holiday sorry about your holiday loss , But you can now look forward again .If you stay in a villa you will feel free to stay in if you want a day away from the parks and .All the villas on these sites are verified and you will be treated well by the private owners on here
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Junior
    IMO, the only people who stay in hotels are those who have never stayed in a villa.

The experiences are simply not comparable. The space to relax, convenience of your own pool just feet away, privacy of your own room if you need it, no queue for the bathroom, just cannot be beaten.

Even the old hogwash about Mum having to cook on holiday is just that, hogwash. The variety and low prices of all the breakfast and dinner venues means no-one has too cook if they don't want to. The most cooking we've ever done is the obligatory morning pot of coffee, and tollhouse cookies for a snack before bed! You can even order deliveries to your door, any good villa owner will ensure a raft of takeout menus for you to choose from.

Have a great time

VV

Gold 5 Star Member
    I stay in hotels and I own a villa..so glad its only your IMO...

I've found pros and cons with both...and helped many people find the right villa for their holiday...but if someone has already booked a hotel...I don't believe they will not have fun...I'm very against telling people that have already booked how much of a rotten time they'll have..it does from my experience drive people away from this site...and this is one of the rare sites I would recommend people use...

welcome to the forum so glad that your holiday is still o.k. I know you will have a fantastic time in your villa

Sue
    www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3381.aspx

Florida Junior
    Chrizzy100, I had no intention of upsetting or insulting anyone with my post, but it seems something I wrote didn't impress you.

Perhaps you might repost please to let me know why you found my opinion so annoying, and then I can avoid it in the future.

VV

Take the comments with a pinch of salt. Everyone has there own opinion and is allowed to express it.
    You are quite correct in your opinion, villas do offer far more room and value over hotels. There is no comparison and especially for families.
    I must admit I like staying in hotels when it is just Kate and but for the quality we want it costs a small fortune, for just 2 nights in a quality hotel you can rent a villa for a week!
    My first holiday with my family was in hotel and believe me it is far more fun the space of a villa. Its a not brainer.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by villavirgin
    Chrizzy100, I had no intention of upsetting or insulting anyone with my post, but it seems something I wrote didn't impress you.

Perhaps you might repost please to let me know why you found my opinion so annoying, and then I can avoid it in the future.

VV
    [/quote]