Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiderman and The Simpsons

Florida Newbie
    Thanks everyone for your imput. I will def do Spiderman if it's on one level as Susan has said.
    I didn't like Men in Black at he end when it spins you. I screamed...very loudly!
    Think i will give Simpsons a miss. If it feels like a rollercoaster than this is enough to scare the pants off me for life.[xx(]
    If it's the same car thing you sit in, like BTTF with a dif film as again, Susan said, then i'll do it.
    5 weeks & 5 days (not counting....honestly)
    Thanks again.

RF

Florida Chatterbox
    Oh I love all sorts of roller coasters, but my tummy doesn't! It's so frustrating, I get motion sickness, and the virtual rides are worse than the non virtual. I have tried the acupressure bands, travel sickness pills everything! Apparently when I got off the Hulk, I was a similar colour to the ride! I still go on them though, as I love the thrill. Hubby who doesn't get sick, but who won't go on anything faster than a tea cup ride holds the bags! I can normall only manage 2 - 3 rides a day, so not sure if I'll try Spiderman or the Simpsons...... If they are virtual then I'll feel even sicker![xx(]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hubby hates rides Linda..but he likes Spiderman...you can close your eyes...
    I really want to do the mummy...is that easier than Simpsons..??

Florida Expert
    The Simpsons ride is, in my opinion, just a recycling of the BTTF ride. The set up is very similar although the film is obviously different and well worth watching.
    Spiderman is more 3D - or 4D to be precise. You wear the glasses and are transported through the city, taking on the bad guys. The car does spin around in much the same way as Men in Black does and you feel the environment around you same as you do on Shrek (I wont give too much away for those that have still to ride it) All of our family love this ride, from youngest daughter up to Grandma.
    As far as the Mummy goes Mrs Peg went on this for the first time this year, with a certain amount of trepidation. She has has spinal surgery and still suffers with back problems now, so wasn't sure how it would be. I had a go first (or should I say again) and was confident she would be fine, and she was. She went on it again straight after as it is the only roller coaster type ride she has been able to get away with in years. Later on that holiday she also rode Krakken and thoroughly enjoyed that too. She did say, however, that she was thrown around more in the Simpsons than she was on the Mummy.

Kenny

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thank you Kenny..my problem is my neck..i had a large piece of bone breakaway after a car crash about 20 years ago..I was mostly bed ridden for 2 years...but I have healed nice with no need for a plate in my neck...I have no idea why the thought of the mummy worries me a bit..the going backyards maybe..

Florida Expert
    I would guess that it would be a worry wondering if your head will be snapped forwards as the car begins its backwards journey.
    All I can suggest is that you have someone go on first to suss out when the reverse will happen (you will know it because there will be a big wall in front of you that bursts into flames as I remember it) Then get that person to ride it with you and give you the nod so you can push your head into the head rest.
    Personally though Chrizzy I don't recall that it has that much of an impact on you, it's just another element of the ride that is fun and different.
    You'll have to let us know if you decide to give it a go and how it went. Maybe others will try it as a result of your experiences.

Kenny

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm in FL next week...will give it a go...I'll look out for the wall...

I go on the runaways train...splash mountain...etc...most of the water rides in FL..

I'll write back and say if I did it ...or not..and how it was...

Florida Junior
    We are just back from Florida and we were on both the Spiderman ride and the Simpsons ride.
    We loved the Spiderman one and were on that twice as there were no queues just before closing time. However the same cannot be said for the Simpsons ride. [sick][sick][sick][sick][sick]
    We both came off this feeling ill and numerous times throughout the ride we kept trying to look away and at each other to try and take away from the weird feeling that you get, however the car/coaster that you are in moves about so much that made us feel sick too, the feeling also lasted for quite a while afterwards once we were off on dry land...not one we would repeat at all!