Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman and The Simpsons

Florida Newbie

Spiderman and The Simpsons

Hello,

Long time since i posted!!
    Well we are off to Florida in Oct (we had to cancel last yrs trip).
    We thought we deserve this holiday after the yr that we have had!

Done our itinerary, but i am a little unsure about two of the rides - Simpsons and Spiderman. We didn't do Spiderman last time we went (06) so i was wondering what these rides are like?

I did Back To The Future with my eyes closed and cuddled my then 10 yr old son.I am a jessie of a girl!!![msnsmile2]

Do these two rides move or are they stationary in one place but go up/down?
    Are there any "real" drops or just visionary drops where you can close your eyes and feel nothing?

The reason i am asking these q's is because we went to Alton Towers and i was like "Come on let's go do Hex".....Smarty pants me!
    I asked the guy what the ride was about and he said it was optical illusion. I can cope with that (i thought).We got on the ride and the safety bar came down over our laps...panic[msnoo]...then we started moving/tilting backwards.....oh poopy.

Well i had my eyes open, and to me, the seats were moving backwards and forwards like that awful pirate ship ride that you think you will fall out of. Up we were going, or so i thought, over the top we were going. so i thought! This was too much for me so i closed my eyes, grabbed the safety bar, put my head down and wished for the ride to finish. Once my eyes were closed i was ok (ish), just sweaty hands, racing heart and feeling sick!

Once the ride was finished, i was out of there. Hub asked what was wrong and why was i sitting funny. He couldn't believe i felt that bad.
    So this is the reason why i would like to know about these rides and decide if i will do them. Hub gets pushy and says "You'll love it". Just like he said i'd love primevil whirl.I came of hyperventilating and thinking i was having a heart attack. I loved that one![msncry]

Hope someone can help me decide.

Thanks

RF

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I can't stand Hex but I am OK on Spiderman, there is some movement and the vehicle actually moves around a circuit for this ride. The Simpsons has replaced Back to the future and that ride made me feel realy Ill so I don't think I'll be doing that one.
    Hope this goves you a bit of an idea, basically both rides are simulaltors.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love Spiderman...and loved BTTF...I had a broken neck years ago..not a long term problem luck enough....so never went on the rides for years...then I did Star Wars.. I still can't do many roller costers..and have yet to do The Mummy..that one still worries me because you go backwards not sure if that would be to good for my neck and back...I do most water rides with long drops..I've only been bad with my back another problem I have on the Space ride in Disney

Administrator
    I suggest you do the sky coaster. That will sort your back and neck out.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    I love Spiderman...and loved BTTF...I had a broken neck years ago..not a long term problem luck enough....so never went on the rides for years...then I did Star Wars.. I still can't do many roller costers..and have yet to do The Mummy..that one still worries me because you go backwards not sure if that would be to good for my neck and back...I do most water rides with long drops..I've only been bad with my back another problem I have on the Space ride in Disney
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member

I've had no real problems with my neck for about 13 years now...I think its my heart I worry about now...LOL!

Everyday that I've walked over the last 20 years is one day more than I was told I would...
    after being sick at 5 I was told I'd be blind by 20...I've just started wearing glasses for reading at nearly 50...I don't really trust Doctors that much..

Florida Expert
    I can't/won't do big rides. Love spiderman but Simpsons made me feel sick. No real drops but it is very jerky. Loved the Mummy last time but felt sick this time. Lots of nausea this time which haven't had before so did even less than usual[msnsad]Still had a great time[msnwink]

Florida Savvy
    I loved the Simpsons, you sit in a car and it moves and feels like a roller coaster. I didnt find it too rough!

Gold 5 Star Member
    We also loved the simpsons,it did feel like you where on a roller coaster, but good fun.
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    The only ride that I do sometimes feel a bit odd on is Men in Black...but I get really bad vertgo...so I'm sure its just that...
    I miss Back to the Future...it took me years to get my daughter to ride it with her eyes open...lol

I don't do drops -wouldn't think of going on Space mountain or anything like that
    However, I love Spiderman -it goes round slowly on a level track, you have 3D glasses on, and so its all a bit more realistic -spidey jumps on your car, the car bangs, like someone has jumped on the bonnet -its excellent, and doesn't make me feel sick At one point they make you feel like you are driving off the edge of a building -I shut my eyes then! It is a driving simulator I suppose -but it is good
    Simpsons is BTTF with a different film- good fun, a bit choppy, but I can manage it