Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: villas nr universal

villas nr universal

I need advice on if i can hire a villa as close to Universal studios as possible
    Most of the websites only have Kissimmee area but that mainly for Disney which i'm going to .

A lot of the villas on the 3 sites above are just 20 minutes or so from Universal Studios, I am not sure if there are any villas very close to Universal.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Thanks for that
    Strange that there are no villas in that area though that can be hired

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I've always thought it a bit odd too but it's probably because Universal is in a different County and perhaps the county does not encourage Short Term Rentals (don't quote me on this though).

Most villa communities tend to be in more rural or at least semi-rural areas around Kissimmee, Davenport and on Highway 27. Universal is in a much more built up area that is almost exclusively residential.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by boullion

[/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I thought it was because of the location near I Drive that was the original tourist corridor and the land got used up for hotels as that used to be the only way most people COULD take their holiday. Now of course we all know there is a much better way and obviously it takes a greater land footprint for a development of houses than it does an hotel.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    I've always thought it a bit odd too but it's probably because Universal is in a different County and perhaps the county does not encourage Short Term Rentals (don't quote me on this though).

Most villa communities tend to be in more rural or at least semi-rural areas around Kissimmee, Davenport and on Highway 27. Universal is in a much more built up area that is almost exclusively residential.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by boullion

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I think your right John.

I looked into this a little, when we were thinking about buying our house as a rental.
    It thought it seemed a nice idea to be up in between Disney and Universal area but it turns out its not zoned Short term rentals.
    Neil & Kay

Florida Chatterbox
    I would not worry about being in kisimmee; it is only a 20 to 25 minute drive to universal. Much better to do the short drive up the I4 and have the space in a villa rather than stay in a hotel

Neil

Gold 5 Star Member
    Davenport is equally accessible to all the parks as well. Kissimmee was established a while ago and when building land was no longer available the other end of the 192 in the Davenport area opened up and as Disney has opened the entrance on that side and IDrive come out midway down the 192 (although you can easily use I4 a lot of the places are pretty much equidistant from either side.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Steph, they're building homes, stores and all sorts in Kissimmee so there's plenty of land still available!
    blott

Florida Expert
    We are by the turnpike on 192 (away from I4 and H27) and it took us 18 minutes to get to Universal on Saturday. I was talking to a lady that said it took them 45 minutes from where they were staying.

It is good for us so that we could go back to the villa at lunch time (very hot part of the day) and lazed around the pool for a while, then just a short drive back to Universal for the rest of the day.
    Mary