Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS Lite chargers

Florida Chatterbox

DS Lite chargers

Hi we're just back from our hols [msnsad], my daughters both bought themselves a DS Lite whilst we were there. The man in the shop said there would be no problem in buying a charger for use over here, we would need one that is dual voltage obviously. Has anyone done the same and where do you buy these chargers? I know someone will be able to help so thanks in advance.
    Margaret

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    You can use the US charger in a shaver socket. I do that with mine.

I also have an in car charger that goes in the lighter socket, that works too.[msnsmile]

You can also buy a charger from most game shops
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    I don't think you need to buy a new charger - I think you can buy an adapter (that allows you to use US products in the UK)and this should work. My daughter did something similiar to this (not quite identical to what you are doing) and the adapter worked fine

Neil

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We couldn't get the charger to work with an adapter socket. 'Game' sells the charger at around £8 and weve had it for a couple of years now with no problems
    Christine

Florida Junior
    we also found the charger not to work here (using an adapter), so I just bought a charger from Game or someplace for a fiver and it works fine [msnsmile]

A small step-down transformer will do the trick - it plugs into our 3 pin electrical socket in the UK and allows you to plug in the US 2 pin electrical plug. The transformer than reduces our 220-240 volt electrical supply down to 110-120 volts, allowing any US applicance to work. Various size transformers are available but for a DS Lite, the smallest will suffice.
    Andrew
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1111.aspx

We bought a UK charger on ebay for around £4, it arrived in two days [msnsmile2]
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    we also bought a uk charger on ebay and works with no problem!

Florida Chatterbox
    Just got one yesterday off e-bay £4 inc delivery.
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all your replies, my daughter has just ordered one from ebay, just hope it gets here before she goes back to uni.
    Margaret