Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: feeling ill.....

feeling ill.....

should i worry?
    i have been bitten by mosquitos a few times many last night but one last week..... today i have been back to bed for a couple of hours.... then went down to seaworld for a few hours i keep feeling hot and cold.... sniffly nose and feeling very sick and diarrea should i worry?
    have read up and no it can be signs of malaria.... but doubt its that... i feel so yuk!
    joints all ache but that could be the arthritis
    any advise please?
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Could you have eaten something a bit questionable ?

Keep the fluid levels up - drink a little and often ( Lilt or the like )

If the symptoms persist after 24 - 36hrs might be worth visiting one of the Walk-in medical centres.

When are you coming home ?
    Linda

thursday Linda...... just feel so hot and cold all the time.... only had a few biscuits with cuppa this morning and some popcorn down at seaworld...... am wondering if it was the meal at outback last night... pork chops, i took one mouthful and found it needed cooking some more so asked for it to be cooked longer.....
    stomach gurgling like crazy..... will see how i am after 24 hours then maybe seek some medical advice, thanks Linda xx
    Liesa

People don't suffer with Malaria from the mozzies in and around Orlando so doubt if it is that. It is a certain breed of mosquito that causes Malaria which is not the species in Florida.

I have just spent almost a week in bed with the symptoms you had and I had a temperature of 102. Doctor told me to drink plenty of water and rest. You should not be going round theme parks if you feel ill, you should be in a cool environment. Hope you feel better soon.

Sandra

thanks Sandra, i felt fine till we came home, thought i was just very sleepy/tired this morning hence going back to bed.....
    am sure its probably just a bug of sorts....
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Even if it was a mozzie if you have Flu like symtoms than it should pass in a few day...I had encephalitis as a child and its not that common..I never got it from a mozzie but chickenpox..you would really know it if you had that..

Gold 5 Star Member
    It could also be a chill from the A/C...I was always sick in FL before we moved here...and I was told it was the cold air...

Gold 5 Star Member
    LiesaAnna

I don't want to frighten you, but if it persists, please see a doctor.
    West Nile Virus is commonly transmitted by mosquitoes in the USA, and presents commonly as a flu-like illness.
    Most of the time it settles spontaneously, but sometimes can progress.

Florida Expert
    Hi Leisa, hope you are feeling better already, but if it is helpful to you, I had the same symptoms a couple of days ago (and we are in Orlando too). It would seem I had sun stroke, keep in the cool and not in the sun, drink lots of water and eat little and often.

I was feeling very 'woo' on Saturday after going to Universal but was fine on Sunday after a day at home. Today we went to Busch and Ifor felt quite ill again, but fine now that I am in the cool and had lots of water.

Hope you feel better soon and carry on enjoying your holiday, but keep out of the sun. If you dont feel any better after 48 hours get checked out.
    Mary

thanks all for your advice...... am feeling a lot better still got sniffles.... just gonna try a piece of pizza...... will let u know how things go xxxxx[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]
    Liesa