Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liesa trip report part 4 and the rest.....

Liesa trip report part 4 and the rest.....

Wednesday 3rd Sept 08

Today we were going to go to clearwater, but started out bit late so went up to IHOP for breakfast i had a steak omelette..... very nice, and of course it was huge!!! didnt finish, also asked for a cup of tea.... ewwwwwwwwww grose!!
    we decided we would go down to Boggy Creek instead, so took the long leisurely drive down the poinciana road..... i think 19 miles later... we opted for the 45 minute ride..... so nice we had a very experienced driver/pilot/captain..... nice fella called Mike, he took us over to see an alligator a mum she had hatched her babies just the day before we could see her but not sure the pictures will show her up very well, she was very protective of her babies...... we were a bit worried as Mike said she was hissing out the previous day as she thought everyone and everything was a threat to her new babies...... its always so lovely to see (we saw babies last year) we saw some beautiful scenary and some wonderful wildlife..... a couple of bald eagles amazing!!
    even the trees that grow in the water are lovely! very pretty pictures!
    we then offered the chance to see some baby alligators they were 3 years old and soooooooooo cute..... i dont like to see these creatures with mouths taped up etc but had to see this one.... i stroked him, so soft dont agree with him being put in a black bag tho'
    we had our pictures taken with him and was told the income they made from the photos went into looking after them...... was a bit cheesed off when Steve pointed out 'alligator hunts' just to the side!! so we obviously help to rear him and his brothers and sisters so others can have fun!!!
    came back to the villa and chilled by the pool, so hot!!
    went out to Logans for dinner in the evening and the customary shop/nosey around walmart!! i had seen a lovely black/red bedset i wanted but didnt know if i would be able to get it home.... also it was well reduced so we decided to go back for it.... couldnt find it anywhere!

Thursday 4th Sept 08
    got up earlier today so we could go to clearwater..... decided we would eat up there... the sat nav said it would take almost 2 hours to get there[msnscared]..... it did but what a lovely drive!! one long very long straight road!! some fab sites we saw to!! massive buildings....
    we got there at 12.15... next boat ride on the Seascreamer was for 2pm so we headed off after buying tickets for something to eat..... we decided as it was absolutely boiling hot we would eat close by, we chose Pier60, expensive for what we got!!!! i had a chicken burger with chips..... chips were nice.... chicken was a thin skinny piece!!never mind..... anyway we went down onto the beach..... so beautiful.... and water..... well we have never felt it so warm!!!! we all paddled, we left the towels etc in the car as we were going to go on the beach after the boat ride...... soon time to head off to the seascreamer for an hours ride out to sea.... the sun was soooooooooooo hot and burning down on us.... all boarded the boat and off we went, again passed some lovely buildings and got some of the history from Josh the captains mate...
    we headed south for about 30 mins saw nothing.... turned around went backwards... bit disappointed..... then he turned the boat to another direction told us he would cause a swell and then the dolphins would probably come up..... we were told to make loads of noise as they love the attention!!
    and true to form there were many dolphins!!! Mamma and her babies!! absolutely amazing!!! showing off and jumping in and out the water!!!
    we were amazed!!!!!! truely wonderful.... we recommend this trip to everyone!! got loads of pictures!! (and video of me shouting encouraging )

came home, played around on laptop as you do... then played in the pool relaxed! called up Trica,they came in a few minutes later as they were just passing Terra Verde.... sat and jawed with them for ages.... always such a pleasure...... we then decided we would head off out to Olive Garden for a meal... trouble is Dave and Trica make us laugh so much that w
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Good to know what you're getting up to Have fun, great reports

Sounds absolutely terrific, pleased you had the steak omlette in IHOP, yummmm.... my favourite(I've never managed to finish one. Never go for the tea though, always the coffee pot.
    Jan

What a wonderful holiday you are having Leisa-a holiday of a lifetime!!
    IT is a shame your first villa spoilt the start. You know now, only book through OV Okay, you may have to pay the going rate but you know what you are getting -and when you are having such a dream trip, you want to make sure it is perfect in every way -the time is too precious to waste. Please keep up the reports, we are all loving them!!

Susan we usually pay the going rate never have a problem paying a fair price for a fair villa..... this just wasnt up to the 'luxury' it was advertised as... am sure its been re let as things are different such as pool furniture and lights on different each day.... but so far no refund and no emails......
    this trip we have done so much more then we usually do..... still recovering from last years knee op so not to good on my pins..... but having i think one of the best holidays yet.... even 'he' cant bring me down!!!
    Liesa

Liesa -sorry I wasn't saying you hadn't, just generalising really -I am just pleased everything has turned out okay for you -I hope it has now turned out to be aholiday of happy memories!!

Florida Expert
    Glad you had a grand time in spite of the setbacks. Hope you left some sunshine in Terra Verde as my brother flew out there the day you left and apparently they landed in a horrible storm.

it was awful Andrea!! but hey you know florida..... stop start stop start!!!
    got the next one booked now!! sept 11th -25th next year!!
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Yes the kids were horrified with the weather thinking it was scary but they soon came around. They text everyday as it's their first trip and guess what? They can't think of going on holiday anywhere else after this. They've been bitten with the florida bug[clap][clap][clap]

Florida Expert
    Glad you finally got round to finishing your report, won't see you next year as we will be back at school then, you must go back a lot later than us.