Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delta changed flight times, do we have enough time

Florida Junior

delta changed flight times, do we have enough time

Hi all

Delta have sent us an email advising us of some flight changes on our upcoming trip to Florida in October, we now only have 1hr35mins to land in JFK, clear customs etc and get our next flight to Orlando....should this be ok? I am panicking that we don't have enough time?

They have also changed our time coming home, we had a 4hr30min wait in JFK on the way back and they have now made this 7hr 30mins
    Hopefully there are plenty of places to see and some nice eateries as we will need to have lunch and dinner there now....Anyonme know if JFK ios resonably prices or is it expensive like our airports here (just so we leave enough money to spend!)

Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    I cannot compare JFK but i would say from previous experience of Boston Philadelphia, Washington and Chicago that you really need at least 2 hours between flights. We have some times waited 90 mins in immigration and had to run for our connection. If you do have to change terminals and have to go through security again explain to the security people that you have a connection to make. From past experience they sometimes bring you to the front of the queue.
    If you do miss your connection its going to to be Deltas faults for bringing your flight forward and they should arrange for you to catch the next available flight.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Junior
    thanks for that, heres hoping we don't have to change terminal but I think its too soon to check that, has no indication on line about that just now.
    I have checked the website and we are meant to leave JFK at 4.05pm and arrive in Orlando at 7.22pm, the next avail flight from JFK with Delta is 8.45pm to arrive in Orlando at 11.47pm......I can see this being a very loooong day

Gold 5 Star Member
    You may also find that your flight into JFK arrives early in which you have nothing to worry about.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pamela
    thanks for that, heres hoping we don't have to change terminal but I think its too soon to check that, has no indication on line about that just now.
    I have checked the website and we are meant to leave JFK at 4.05pm and arrive in Orlando at 7.22pm, the next avail flight from JFK with Delta is 8.45pm to arrive in Orlando at 11.47pm......I can see this being a very loooong day

[/quote]
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Delta only use the 1 terminal at JFK, so you should be ok there.
    Wilf & Sarah

We used JFK in April with Delta for an onward flight to Tampa. It took under an hour to get from the plane through to the onward gate so you should have plenty of time. I think we only had 1 1/2 hours between flights so did not really look for places to eat. We have flown with Delta many times over the past 8 years and never yet missed the onward flight. We thought we were going to at one time but they held the plane for us as they knew we were in the airport. Going back we flew via
    Cincinatti which had really good food outlets.

Mo
    Maureen Green

There are quite a few eating places at JFK and are reasonably priced. I dont think the US airports tend to rip you off unlike our airports here in the UK.

We have just returned from Orlando last weekend and we used Delta. You should be able to make your connection in the time given, the only problem could be if your initial flight into JFK is delayed. Our flight from Orlando was late when we were coming home so we missed our connection and ended up having to fly to Stockholm then Manchester[msnoo], although they did put us in Business class so we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves[msnwink]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Pam, yes you will have plenty of time. Even, if there were delays they always have more flights to Orlando and would put you on another one. We changed at JFK Easter and had no delays and go through very quickly.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Expert
    The Delta terminal at JFK isn't a very modern one, though once airside it is better than land side. There is a Burger King and a few other eateries. There isn't any wifi at this terminal and no internet cafes. The prices where quite reasonable. All Deltas flights land and depart from the same terminal, I think it was 3 so it shouldn't be a problem with your connection.
    We spent about 5 hours there on our way to Orlando in August, but that's another story. We had a bit of fun too, a porter driving an airport buggy(you know the ones that pick up passengers and take them to the gates) gave us a ride around the airport which my two boys thought was fab. We just tipped him a few dollars. Obviously it was a quiet time when we did this.

Have you booked direct with DELTA or with a agent if direct ring them up and see if there are better times for coming back as 7 hrs seem a long time .
    I know that booking with have changed recently as they have cut planes out as other companys have and they may change to better times if you speak direct with them the phone number in LONDON was 0800-414-767 the new number start with 0845 it is not a free number as they will tell you on the answer machine but they are very polite and will help if they can .
    Good luck they changed ours last year and we rung them up and they had a better time .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx