Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: delta changed flight times, do we have enough time

Florida Savvy
    I'm booked with Delta going out next Thursday. My flight home was changed which meant I had an 8 hour wait at JFK. I rang them up and they put me on a later flight so only a 2 hour wait now. Here's hoping my internal flight from Orlando to JFK is on time!

Christine
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1692.aspx

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I normally go indirect with continental into newark, and on the odd occasion, like our next flight in october, they have changed the flights home from 1.55hrs to 49mins, I rang them and told them this was not convenient, I had allowed enough time when I originally booked the flight for any hiccups with delays, and I know that we could have possibly made it, but on one occasion we actually landed as our connecting flight was due to take off, luckily this other flight was delayed, but we actually got on the plane with only a further 10 mins before they closed the door.

They have now altered my flight and again I have a 2.10hrs or between flights. I think they move people around that have already booked, if they have two half full flights, they merge them on the cheaper flight and start selling the dearer flight again. As this has now happened to me on four different occasions, but have always asked to be moved back to the more convenient flight.
    CERI

Florida Savvy
    We flew in and out of JFK when we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to the Big Apple..

I'm not sure now of the terminal (We flew via Paris) but I remember some nice eateries and I don't remember it being too expensive either.

Florida Junior
    thanks for all your replies. Not too worried now about the connecting flight, we should hopefully make it on time.

We did book direcft with Delta and I checked their website and it seems the flight we were leaving JFK on to Edinburgh is no longer there and there is no other option but to wait the 7.5 hours. Never mind.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
    We did book direcft with Delta and I checked their website and it seems the flight we were leaving JFK on to Edinburgh is no longer there and there is no other option but to wait the 7.5 hours. Never mind.
    [/quote]

can you not get a later flight from orlando to JFK ?

Dave

Florida Junior
    Sunseeker, thankyou. I have just checked and there is a flight out of MCO to JFK that only gives us a 2hr10min wait in JFK now. I had always overlooked that flight as it was too late to meet the EDI connection but now that has been put off the flight is ideal now.
    Called Delta and they have changed it for me FOC.....very happy now....and more time to spend in Orlando!! [clap][clap][clap]

thanks all.

i have a flight in Jan thru JFK to Orlando & was wondering how other passengers got on with making the connection given you have to fo thru immigration & customs..thanks

You need to ensure that people are aware of this as soon as you hit the imigration hall. They might be able to fast track you if needed. We had 1hr 40 for a connection at Newark and got there with 10 minutes to spare and that was shifting some, we did have a baby with us that did slow us down a little. You should be ok, but need to be slick and not stop off too much en-route.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

thanks for input will update once I have ran the gauntlet !!!!