Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying with Virgin

Flying with Virgin

Hi guys,
    i've been reading on some sites that Virgin aircraft are run down and knackered,ie broken seats,televisions that don't work.
    Has anybody had any experience of this.

Cheers,

Paul.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nope and we just arrived in Florida on one of their planes. No doubt that it's the luck of the draw as to which plane you get though and, presumably, where you're flying from.
    blott

wrpac00
    Me neither, found none of those problems you mentioned.

Florida Expert
    We use virgin at least three times a year and no problems at all
    Eric

I recently flew on one of the older planes and it was fine. The comments are probably sour grapes by someone who's tv was not working. This can happen with any airline.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by RoyalMarineCommando
    Hi guys,
    i've been reading on some sites that Virgin aircraft are run down and knackered,ie broken seats,televisions that don't work.
    Has anybody had any experience of this.

Cheers,

Paul.
    [/quote]

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    We all have good and bad experiences with everything. What is someones good day is not to another persons taste so to speak.

Although I have over the years flown Virgin on many occasion, and last flew with them from Manchester in May, I tend to fly continental now, this is just because it is a local airport to me only an 1 hours drive rather than 3 hours to gatwick.

On one of our trips with continental, a brand spanking new plane, on its maiden voyage to bristol from New York, could not even get off the ground, because the battery power would not sustain the engine or something techy.

So Virgin are not the only airline with mishaps, if only it was a perfect world...
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have never had a problem with Virgin or any other airline. In fact the person sat in front of us last year, TV screen was not working so they brought him a portable DVD player and some DVD's
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We flew Heathrow to Miami this August and had one of the newly upgraded planes. Premium Economy had the new leather seats (unfortunately we were not in PE!) and all seatback TV's had been upgraded - there were about 30 movies that you could stop/start/rewind at will, lots of TV programmes and recent CDs to listen to, plus games. We had good flights both ways (although a bit of turbulence on the way to Florida) and flew back to UK in 7.5 hours.
    Lesley

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
    We have never had a problem with Virgin or any other airline. In fact the person sat in front of us last year, TV screen was not working so they brought him a portable DVD player and some DVD's
    [/quote]

I've seen Virgin Cabin crew do exactly the same thing,

and I've not had a problem with Virgin either but have had with other airlines though doubt other folks have had no problems with the airlines I had - so it six and two threes.

Florida Expert
    We are just back from Florida and flew Virgin Heathrow - New York and then on the way back Washington - Heathrow.

We had a great flight going out in Economy new entertainment system.

On the way back mine and my son's seatbelts in Economy were unusable so they upgraded us to 'Upper Class' and to say the least we had an even better flight on the way back in the refurbished Upper Class. We both had a great nights sleep and it is certainly the way to travel if you can and want to spend that amount of money.

I have flown Virgin Economy many times direct to Orlando from both Manchester and Gatwick and our seats have always been in working order, on one occasion they couldn't get our TV's to work but on all other occasions they have worked with no problems at all.

Michelle