Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying with Virgin

The last flight on Virgin in June, the plane was really old and tatty. We were in PE and on the way up the stairs there were sweet papers and rubbish. In the 'unused' ashtray in the arm rest there were 2 sticky round lollypops. Gross!!! Very unimpressed.

Am flying again next week with them, so hope the cleaners have been 'upgraded'.

Sandra

Thanks for the replys guys.

You will find that the older 747 are in need of a refresh, however this is from my experience on their new airbus from Heathrow to Miami. Once you have been on this flight you will know what I mean.

I have flown with Virgin many times and not really ever had a problem with the seatback TV's etc. Pot luck if they on't work really.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Newbie
    If you fly from any airport apart from Heathrow, you will be flying on the older 747 fleet.

I've personally flown on them quite a few times, and whilst not up to the standard of the Airbus A340 on the LHR-MIA route I find the 747 comfortable without the bells and whistles that Virgin once boasted about!
    Y.N.W.A.

Florida Expert
    Way out we got newer tv's with the games on and the seats looked a lot newer. Way back older and looked it but we were sleeping so no probs. Only prob we had was no kid meal for littley and no gluten free for older daughter. Sorted out gluten free for older one for way back but still no kid meal. They provide breakfast assuming you will be hungry when you wake up but no gluten free! They found a fruit bowl for her but that was luck they had a spare one

Florida Savvy
    The out bound from VA yesterday(Monday) not due in to MCO till 2200hrs and then take off back to LGW is estimated 0000hrs(US time) due into LGW 13.30GMT. So dont know what time the LGW will leave or what time i will ge taking off Tomorrow(Tuesday)

Florida Junior
    Yesterdays LGW-MCO left on time but arrived very late so i assume that there was a diversion at some point during the flight. I have no idea where they went or why they went there but the must have gone somewhere enroute.