Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotonda or Englewood or Cape Haze or Cape Coral

Florida Chatterbox

Rotonda or Englewood or Cape Haze or Cape Coral

My head is spinning.

Somebody help me.

What are all the pro-s and cons of these areas!!

Maybe i should be haeding for Bognor...[msneek]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Nigel

One of the consequences of asking for as much information as possible is that you are likely to get that on here. People's views and tastes will vary and you shouldn't be surprised if there are conflicting opinions and that it has created some confusion.

I don't think my views are any more valid than those of anybody else on here. Like a lot of them, I have a fair amount of experience of holidaying in the SW Florida area - I'll be there again next week. I'll just put my 2 cents forward.

In a genuine attempt to assist you, I would urge you to determine what exactly you are looking for from your trip. If you do that, you'll be in a much better position to decide on where you want to be and for how long. For example, do you want to be based actually at the coast rather than close by? If so, narrow your choices to places where that is possible. If not, then decide what makes a good holiday for YOU. The weather is the same everywhere and there are great restaurants and bars if that's your thing. If you like to relax with the company of your family, then a villa will suit your needs very well.

Frankly, the 4 places in the title of this thread aren't vastly different so I'd say 'any of them' provided you don't want to be actually on the beach. If you do want to be on the beach then Fort Myers, Sanibel/Captiva and the resorts further north on the Gulf Coast will be best. However, as I pointed out on your other thread, you'll pay a lot more for that.

Ultimately, it's your call because you won't find anybody on here or other forums who will have exactly your tastes, preferences or budget.

I have been to all and they are each as good as the other. I personally like rotunda as the local beaches are lovely and quiet.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NigelM
    My head is spinning.

Somebody help me.

What are all the pro-s and cons of these areas!!

Maybe i should be haeding for Bognor...[msneek]
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    Hi Nigel

One of the consequences of asking for as much information as possible is that you are likely to get that on here. People's views and tastes will vary and you shouldn't be surprised if there are conflicting opinions and that it has created some confusion.

I don't think my views are any more valid than those of anybody else on here. Like a lot of them, I have a fair amount of experience of holidaying in the SW Florida area - I'll be there again next week. I'll just put my 2 cents forward.

In a genuine attempt to assist you, I would urge you to determine what exactly you are looking for from your trip. If you do that, you'll be in a much better position to decide on where you want to be and for how long. For example, do you want to be based actually at the coast rather than close by? If so, narrow your choices to places where that is possible. If not, then decide what makes a good holiday for YOU. The weather is the same everywhere and there are great restaurants and bars if that's your thing. If you like to relax with the company of your family, then a villa will suit your needs very well.

Frankly, the 4 places in the title of this thread aren't vastly different so I'd say 'any of them' provided you don't want to be actually on the beach. If you do want to be on the beach then Fort Myers, Sanibel/Captiva and the resorts further north on the Gulf Coast will be best. However, as I pointed out on your other thread, you'll pay a lot more for that.

Ultimately, it's your call because you won't find anybody on here or other forums who will have exactly your tastes, preferences or budget.
    [/quote]

What we are looking for is a spacious villas with a pool an spa over looking water. I will expand on the water aspect - we would prefer a larger expanse of water with the possibility of waching boats going to and fro as opposed to perhaps a small stretch of water such as a canal.

As to evenings we would look for a main waterfront area or areas (not necessarily gulf front) but somewhere where we can park easily and stroll around nosing at shops and checking out the restaurants.

i have looked at Rotonda and presume t is more or les the same area as Englewood or Pt Chrlotte. The places are very nice.

Having looked at Cape Coral I think they seem to be nearer the gulf and thus have more expansive decks over looking the water.

Cannot find much about Cape Haze.

Any views KG or indeed any other knowledgeable persion?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Still your call but I think 1 of the Rotunda villas will suit you fine. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Cape Coral but it's still a fair bit better then Bognor.[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Cannot find much about Cape Haze.
    [/quote]

Cape Haze is the main peninsular where Rotonda West & Englewood are located, it is the thumb that is bounded on 3 sides by water and the barrier islands.

There are some articles in the Florida guide on this site which may also help.

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...peninsula.aspx

As Mo has said many guests come back again and again as it really is a place to re-charge the batteries but still close enough to shops, resturants, marinas & not forgetting the blue water trails where you can kayak in the crystal clear waters or take a guided tour. There are sunset cruises on Charlotte Harbour and many other tours available.

Choice of Bognor or the Gulf Coast, no contest but then I could be biased as we really do love it[msnwink]

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nigel
    Here is another link to a guide which may be of interest.
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...e-harbour.aspx

Lynne

Florida Savvy
    If you want to look at boats going by and the water, the you will be better off looking for a condo with shared pool overlooking ther intracoastal. This could be in any of the areas you suggest.

If you want a private pool, and to be 10 mins frm the beaches/intracoastal I'd pick Rotonda.

You can rent private pool home on the water, but the price would be prohibitive.

Florida Chatterbox
    Out of interest, where did you end up - and how did you rate it?

We visit Cape Coral most summers - I can see both sides, it can look quite a scruffy average town when you drive onto it via the toll bridges. Usual shops, supermarkets and gas stations with bait shops and empty lots in between. However, if you choose carefully, you can rent a gorgeous villa as in any other part of Florida on short term rental (some gulf coast places it is monthly or 3 monthly) overlooking either a canal, one of the larger lakes or waterways. We always rent on the water in the south west corner which is the most popular and pricey apparently. There is a small beach with a pier but nothing to write home about, for better beach go to Fort Myers or a 30 min drive takes you to Vanderbilt Beach and State Park in Naples (en route you'll pass the huge new mall called Coconut Point which is worth diverting to eat and even stay overnight at one of the hotels!) the fishing off the beach or the waterways is excellent at both locations.

The reason we keep going back is because it is more like small town America than a busy tourist town. this maybe because we generally visit Cape Coral in the summer so quieter than spring. there is a new marina with condo buildings oveerlooking the water, shopping and restaurants including popular Rumrunners. It's safe and quite upmarket. I happily drive all over Cape Coral shopping and lunching while my son and husband fish, then relax round the pool with a book and enjoy the fab sunset. it's a different holiday to our home near Disney but we get the best of both worlds and love being near the water. We wish we'd bought a plot there years ago, some of the millionaire's homes we pass when out on a boat are out of this world.

Mmmmm Coconut Point.......... fab outside style Mall
    Shirley