Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liesa's trip report part 2...... not that exciting

Liesa's trip report part 2...... not that exciting

Saturday 31st August

had a horrid start to the day.... wont go on to much as i have already said about it, air conditioning wasnt working......
    anyway we are moving tomorrow thanks to Paul Nash on here coming to my rescue, another reason why we love Terra Verde most people we have had dealings with over the last 4 trips to florida have been villa onwers and most on Terra Verde, this place is just lovely..... and so are the people here who cannot do enough to help you have one of the best holidays ever........
    anyway we will move into Pauls house tomorrow.... just 5 doors down....
    once we got things sorted at this place we decided to go out for breakfast we went to IHOP havent been there since last trip.... lovely pancakes but i chose a steak kind of roll it was soooooooo lovely... thats filled me for the day!! everyone filled and off we went to Premium outlets i think it is.... its such a lovely place to shop and of course as its Labor day weekend its sales time!! had a good nosey around Reebok/Nike/Rack Room shoes and the toy shops etc
    i got myself 2 gorgeous pairs of Sketchers (am so not a trainer person but needs must for dog walking!!) but theyre so nice with their glittery bits on them...... $79 for 2 pairs... me thinks bargain!!
    Russ also bought 2 pairs of Trainers.... Steve desperately looking for his as he is hoping to do the balloon ride tomorrow weather permitting (must phone and check still on) no opentoed shoes as hes just brought flip flops with him.....
    also bought various shirts etc in Old Navy another shop we enjoy shopping in there!!
    thank goodness there wasnt much to buy for the kids at home......
    for the first time ever i did not go to walmart yesterday!! i go in there usually every single day of our stay here..... must be slipping!!
    came back to the villa and chilled with my book..... 1st book finished now for the next 2!!
    had all sorts going on here as i had reported the faults with this place and MC were running round sorting.... (a little to late me thinks) found A/C had stopped again due to power cut as there had been more storms! grrrrr still i read through the guest book advice etc and had to call them again..... sent someone else over to sort the breaker..... unfortunately it blew the A/C unit compressor up!!
    house got hotter all afternoon evening around 7pm they managed to get a new compressor and had to wait for rain to stop before fitting it.... they managed it thankfully so we left them to it and went out for dinner..... Ruby Tuesday for tonight, lovely food but unfortunately the server dropped Laurens food down her front and she was wearing her brand new white jeans.... the ketchup and fries slid off the plate onto her lap!! she was fine but fuming!!! left smaller then usual tip ate up and left..... came home to a cooler house thank God!!!
    Steve and Russ decided to go for a long drive to see where the balloon meet was...... cool... i stayed home with girls, went to bed had a fab sleep bit chilled

Sunday 31st August

on net bright and early.... had nice cuppa then managed to get in the pool this morning, was warmer and i enjoyed doing some exercises learnt at the hydro pool for my knee, feel so much more refreshed now.... Russ and Steve bought themselves some power boats to play with in the pool!! such big kids!!!! well we decided not to do to much for the next day or so as its the American bank holiday weekend.... theyre everywhere!!bless them i do love the Americans!!
    not decided what to eat today or where to go so chilling for now...... hence catching up on here!!
    will add more later......
    thanks for reading.....[msncool]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    Glad you are having a great time after a dodgey start. Keep the reports coming and don't forget the photo's. Have fun and hope the balloon ride goes well.

Sandra

Oooh yeah, piccies please especially from the balloon ride[msnsmile2]
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    Hope you are now sorted as we haven't spoken today[msnsmile]

Good that you could get into the pool now and that air conditioning is working.[clap][clap]How could you miss a trip to Walmart though[msncry]
    Jan

Liesa, as a villa owner I would have been appalled if my MC had not had an engineer out to look at the AC within hours. A few weeks ago we had a problem, the engineer was there within 2 hours and the problem was fixed in another hour. Fortunately it was fairly simple but if it had been more complicated it would have taken a few hours, unless it was a Sunday and then it would have been Monday before the parts would have been available.

I do not know how you booked your home but if you the guest had told me the problems I would have been mortified that my MC had not dealt with it swiftly. I am afraid if you do not pay realistic rates for the home you get an owner who is not so caring. Again I have no idea how much you paid.
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is a holiday weekend...it can be harder to get a call out...

it was sorted then the power went out at our place so when the fella reconnected it.... he didnt tell the chap who does the A/C apparently it blew the compression!! so he managed to get another compression thingy and had to wait for the rain to stop.... two of them out there pitch black bless them.... sorted it as we slept very well for the first time since coming here
    dont really want to go into everything here about this place but...... we're out of here tomorrow xxxx
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chrizzy, vacation homes run during holidays too and everyone who works within the industry, including repair services, are aware that it's a 365/24/7 type of job and an air con breakdown in very hot weather is an emergency. So, although some suppliers may be closed, it should almost always be possible to get someone out to a fault, particularly with major things like air con.

Liesa, I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences and I'm very concerned if this is an OV advertised home that you booked and that's the reason you're reluctant to go into details? If there are more problems than you are saying then I'm sure John and Roger would appreciate an email to info@orlandovillas.com to see if something similar has been reported about this home previously.
    blott

no Blott it isnt from this site, they were all booked when we were looking for one on Terra Verde, hence looking elsewhere...... it was from [name edited], but never again will we book away from this site.......
    just want to put it behind us Blott as it was a rotten few days, we are moving this afternoon after being offered to stay in another one by a friend on here....
    thanks xx
    Liesa