<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Clare R
The direct answer to this question Maggi is NO. Continental's own timing on connecting flights at Newark is 75 minutes and this can just about be done if you are first off the plane/in immigration/first luggage off carousel and frankly your parents won't be that lucky!!

I have had my next two flights with Continental brought forward five minutes one week, ten minutes the next week that I have had to have alternative connecting flights.

Continental Airlines I find are not the easiest to deal with through Contact Us and in any case they will not alter flights through e-mail contact.

Telephone this number 0845 607 6760 you will probably end up speaking to someone in Tampa and they are then very helpful but do stress that 70 minutes will not be sufficient for your parents to clear Newark and ask them frankly what they are going to do about it. I find if you keep the conversation 'light' with a bit of British humo(u)r then they will generally pull out all the stops to help you.

If you want to DM me please feel free I have had quite a lot of contact with Continental over the past few years.
[/quote]
Thanks Clare,

My mum booked the trip through a travel agent and she has contacted them and they told her that they will probably clear customs in Los Angeles. I have explained to her that this is not the case and showed her your post later flight and stressed that she should not pay to change flights as tonight, and advised that she contact them again and ask to be booked on a later flight as they have not left her sufficient time to catch connecting flight. I can't believe that the travel agent doesn't even know where they will clear customs. I have looked at Continentals own website and see that the next flight will give them a wait of 3 hours 25 minute which would be better for them. Thanks for your comments.
Maggi

Maggi