Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York airports -new question

Florida Expert

New York airports -new question

I want to go to New York for a few days from UK and some of the flights go to Newark and some JFK so whats the difference in distance etc, also looking at doing a stopover on way from Orlando next year, so was wondering how to get into New York from airports and rough costs of taxi etc??

Just got some prices for Feb and one of the airports is LeGaurdia so is this anygood???

Gold 5 Star Member
    The cab fare to Manhattan fron JFK is fixed at $45 plus tolls and tip in each direction. Expect the total to be around $65. Newark is outside he NYC boundary so you'll pay at least $80 for that trip.

If you feel confident enough, there's a rail link from Newark which will save you money but you might end up having to get a cab from the terminus anyway. It is possible to get from JFK by rail or subway but it's a bit of a hassle because it involves a change enroute.

Obviously, the cab fare becomes a better deal dependent upon how many people are in your party. I always use a limo service which usually works out cheaper than a cab and is much more convenient. If you want a contact, just DM me.

Newark in in Philidelphia and there are hotel in a place called SYRACUSE there are a few and there is a local bus service into New York which is cheap .
    Flying into JFK is ok but it is a very old airport so not like Orlando Mco which is so modern , But if you want to walk at night around New York it is better to stay in the center you will pay more but properly pay more .
    Enjoy your shopping we did and we went on Statern Ferry which is free you can go Statern and not get of just come back it is a lovley view of New York .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
    Newark in in Philidelphia and there are hotelsa place called SYRACUSE there are a few and there is a local bus service into New York which is cheap .
    Flying into JFK is ok but it is a very old airport so not like Orlando Mco which is so modern , But if you want to walk at night around New York it is better to stay in the center you will pay more but properly pay more .
    Enjoy your shopping we did and we went on Statern Ferry which is free you can go Statern and not get of just come back it is a lovley view of New York .
    MAUREEN
    [/quote]

Hi Maureen

Newark in Philadelphia? It's in New Jersey!

JFK a very old airport? I've used most of the terminals there and many are very state-of-the-art. The American terminal is less than 2 years old and both the BA and Jet Blue terminals could give most international airports a run for their money.

You might be referring to La Guardia which is a bit worn out these days but that's nowhere near Philadelphia either. It's in New York state but there aren't any direct UK flights in or out of there.

We came via JFK in June 2008 and changed planes as we were flying with DELTA as you know we can go via Atlanta or JFK but it was not available on the journey back .
    We have done this route many times and i assure you we know the differents between La Guardia and JFK .
    I did not say JFK was in Philadelphia as we know JFK is nearest to NEW YORK city .
    I agree Newark is in NEW JERSEY that was my mistake [msnsmile2].
    But all terminal in JFK are not new and they have been doing them up for years .
    MAUREEN

Florida Expert
    Thanks for replies we were thinking maybe trying the new Jet 2 route from Leeds Bradford in November as its very local and that flies into Newark, its for me and my sister but as many know I have my op on 15th sept so until I have had it I can't book anything, they are doing packages but me thinks it will be cheaper to get flight and then me book hotel, but I have to get my insurance to OK it yet which they won't do till after surgery[msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I prefer Newark and when we went last December the cab fare wasn't that much. Hope that helps, it's really quick to get into New York city
    Jan&Steve

We have just gone through Newark and had no trouble at all. Everyone helpful.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    We always fly into Newark, we generally stay overnight at Country Inn and Suites before flying down to the Gulf coast (there is a really good shopping mall oposite hotel), we have used JFK before, but hotel accomodation around the airport is very poor and tbh quite scarey, plus the queues at JFK always seem to be massive!

Florida Junior
    In JFK can you travel quite freely between the terminal buildings?
    We have quite a wait there on the way home this year and we were hoping to check out the shops and have something to eat etc....don't want to be stuck in one terminal (Delta flight).