Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Virgin 'vaa flight adjustment'

Florida Chatterbox

Virgin 'vaa flight adjustment'

Hi
    I booked my fly drive with Virgin August 8th 08 advised by them as the prices were going up and up for when we want to go next year , to my suprise they have today come down by £356!!! the price is the same as on my booking but it now says VAA flight adjustment £95 off per adult and £71 off per child as you can imagine i am not a happy bunny.

I know its the chance you take when you book flights is that prices go up and down but the price shown today is the same for everything flights, fuel etc...but at the bottom of the booking it show this extra discount, what i will be asking Virgin first thing when i ring them is what is VAA flight adjustment?.
    [msncry]

Let us know how you get on, after all 8/8/08 is supposed to be a lucky date [msneek]
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    Lucky it was they have offered me half of it back £178!
    So i took it!![clap]
    they also offered me a full refund with only the £7 charge i paid on credit card but that would of taken 2 weeks and the sale might not of been on then, for the sake of a phone call it was really worth the hassel, i feel very lucky.
    rather than re book the whole thing again i took the £178 off.
    Chuffed
    [msnwink]

Florida Savvy
    Hi,

We have seen that they are now £279 cheaper for ours!! [msnmad] We have e-tickets with Virgin Atlantic and rung their helpful call centre in India and was about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!

Was this with Virgin Holidays or Virgin Atlantic? If so what type of tickets did you have and what phone numbers did you ring?

Many thanks
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi,
    The number i rang is 0870 220 2468 and they put me through to customer service, we have booked online with Virgin holiday (fly-drive)and will receive our tickets when we pay in full, these are normal ticket not e-tickets.

To be honest i was ready for an argument even though i know it a chance you take when you book i really thought it was a cheek dropping the price that much, i had only booked 2 weeks ago. I told them i had been advised by them when i rang them to book online to book now as the price will only go up an up, they did say at first that sorry thats the chance you take.

I asked to speak to the manager in charge as i wanted a full refund and and to book with another airline, then i was put on hold and that was the offer they came back with a full refund and take a chance the offer still on in two weeks when i get my money back to re-book or £178 of my balance.
    I could of booked it on the same credit card today to have it at the cheaper price but it would of been too much hassel to write letter - e-mails send documnets back wait for money refund etc...

If you get no luck dont give up keep trying, dont loose your cool either, when i rang up before i had two people in the room with me and they were laughing at me for being posh! but calm and i did say "Virgin is the best company and i would of thought you could help"
    And when they came back with the offer i said "i new you were the best thankyou" i think this helped. [msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    Just to update anyone who is in the same situation as me as i have had e-mails from you, Virgin have gone back on their word and i wont be getting a refund or discount of anykind.

Because i didnt take the name of the person i spoke to they are saying i basically made it up!!![msnmad]

Why say yes we are sorry here is some moneys back, then change their mind is a disgrace, they are getting back to me in 48 hours as i have asked for the call they made to ME which they always record to be listened to as proof, no doubt they will come back and say some story we can't find it.
    I will let you know what happens
    Ali

Florida Junior
    good luck ali-uk hope you have more success than we had with a similar experience.

Florida Chatterbox
    Virgin finally got back to me this morning, No trace of call and not all calls are recorded so no money as promised, I feel sorry for the people who have lost out on more than me one person told me £600!!

I just hope virgin are as good as they say they are, this is our first flight with them and probably the last.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi,

I have had a written reply from Virgin this morning regarding my query about the my complaint.

They couldnt find trace of the call they made to me regarding offering me a full refund or £178 discount. So as a goodwill gesture they have added a discount of £100.00 to my booking[clap][clap].

I have checked with the manage my booking facility and they have added it.[msnsmile2]

It was worth writing a letter to them, it took less then 2 weeks for a response and i will write back to say thankyou, my faith is restored in Virgin[msncool]