Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: what is going on with Virgin to/from Gatwick

Florida Chatterbox

what is going on with Virgin to/from Gatwick

I have been looking at the departure and arrival times on the MCO - LGW flights - there are 8 hour delays on some one them - this then knocks onto the next days flight......its a nightmare.

I hope they have sorted it out for my flights in Sept - I don't mind a couple of hours - but todays 12.45 flight is now leaving at 7pm tonight!!!!!
    [msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry]
    Caz

Florida Expert
    Dont know if it is anything to do with strikes at the airport, I know there were soem threats of strikes, but have not seen much news today.

If that is the case, hopefully it will be sorted by the time you travel.
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    The strikes were called off but the Sunday VS016 didnt leave till Monday at around 10 am. So they had to stay in an hotel and it had a knock on effect ith people having to overnight in Orlando after theri flight back was delayed by over 24 hours.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I bet Virgin wouldn't do this for one of their prestigious services to New York etc they would get a substitute aircraft.

The problem is that Orlando is mainly for tourists without many business travelers who pay to go up front and travel regularly.

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Boston onethis morning came in a minute early (was showing up to half an hour early at some stages.
    I wonde rif the problem os because of the technical one they had earlier in the week when a plane had to turn back to
    gatwick after an our, maybe it has left them a plane short or in the wrong place?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    this happened at christmas as well - our flight home had a 5 hour delay and hanging around at the gate at MCO is NOT much fun at all.

Hopefully they sort it out.
    Caz

wrpac00
    I expect its a knock on affect of the bad weather last week. I know Globespan was 10hrs delayed on Thurs and 8hrs on Saturday due to the bad weather.

There was also a computer crash for the whole flight network in the US earlier today (Tuesday).