Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Has Disney Lost It's Magic?

Florida Junior
    I agree about Seaworld, now that does have magic. A beautiful park that I sincerely hope Disney doesn't get it's hands on. I don't think I could handle Mickey Mouse ears on Shamu! As far as Disney losing it's magic is concerned, I'm sure the magic is still there for it's fans.

Florida Junior
    We are heading out to Florida in 8 weeks (not that I'm counting ) and I have to admit that we are contemplating giving Disney a miss this time around.

We have been in 2004 and again in 2006 and I feel that it loses a little WOW factor as an adult wih no kids, don't get me wrong the first time we were there it really was something else, amazing fireowrks, atmosphere and the night time parade..... The second, we kind of knew where things were, what not to bother going on and what to expect.
    We are going to go to Universal this time, missed it in 2006 and wished we hadn't, will go to Seaworld and prob MGM as we enjoyed that.

We also like the shopping, Clearwater and Boggy Creek etc so its not just about the parks for us.

Maybe things will change when we have kids....however then we won't be able to afford to go [msneek]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have managed twice a year for almost 15 years, and Disney still has a wow factor for us. When we go next, our daughter will be 16, and she still loves it, and there is always something new. Disney is not all about the rides for us, so perhaps that helps. Still number one for us[msncool]

Same here - Magic Kingdom will always be special for me. I don't like the big rides and our younger children are too small for most of them, but the feeling I get when I walk down Main Street USA and see Cinderella's castle will never change (and I always have to find Mickey Mouse in his house to get a kiss [msnwink])
    Alison and Danny

Florida Savvy
    Still looking forward to it - been four times before and whilst I would agree the first time in 1992 was definitely the very best, I don't think it loses it's magic it's just that some it is now 'familiar'. Seeing some of the things for the first time does blow you away.

As to the CM's attitude the only unfriendly exchange I have had with any body in Orlando was at the ticket gate at IOA with someone who clearly had got out of bed the wrong side.....

Now my kids are older they still like Disney but Universal wins hands down.
    For me - I still love Disney because I just love people watching! Disney still beings smiles to faces of any age and that rubs off on me - so I always have a brilliant day!

Elaine

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KH2508
    I agree about Seaworld, now that does have magic. A beautiful park that I sincerely hope Disney doesn't get it's hands on.

[/quote]
    Well - watch this space as they say. I have read that Busch- Anhuiser are being taken over by 'Interbrew' (although I think it has a new name') and that it is there intention to sell off the Theme Parks - Sea World / Busch Gardens. The article reckoned that Disney & the company that owns the London Eye & Madame Tusauds would be the major bidders.

Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Still get a tingle when we walk down Main Street. Hated it when Cinderella's Castle looked like a cake....thought they'd boobed big time!

Maddie

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I just love Disney, have to say though the 1st time is just extra special. When we were over in March it was our 1st time without the kids so gave Disney a miss, going again in December and will be going to Disney we really missed it. The kids want to come with us next year even though they will be 27 & 22 they still want to do Disney.
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    Having just returned I think Disney give the best overall park experiance. If you only want big thrill rides it is not the place but for our family it is still the best. My hubby and 2 older children love the rides and the youngest loves the rides but not quite big enough to make the 54" ones. They all agree though that Disney is the best. Cast members are always so helpful and friendly, adn the overall experiance is definately better than any of the others.