Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Disney Lost It's Magic?

Florida Junior

Has Disney Lost It's Magic?

I hate to say it but i think Disney has lost it's magic. OK, i've only been a couple of times now and i've not got kids, but as an adult it seems to have lost it's edge. There's plenty for the kids I agree, and yes it is aimed at the kids but my main gripe is with the whole package.

When I last visited it seemed that the whole cast gave it 110% you couldn't help but feel the disney vibe, WOW has that gone, misserable, rude and bored can't be bothered staff now make up about 50% of the cast.

As for new attractions, comon! They've added new so called attractions which are nothing more than a trailer for a film! (price caspian) what a waste of my time!

The only big attraction to open at disney in the last 3 years is Everest and I see no attempts being made to make any other improvements.

On the other side of the coin you have the likes of Univeral that have just opened Simpsons and have a whole new Harry Potter World opening in 2010. Disney will be around for ever, we all know that, but I think there appeal is failing.

Has anyone else got anything to add, have you notices any fall in standards etc..
    Mark

Well I just came back from 3 weeks in Orlando, first time back in 5 years since moving back to Florida. This is not biased but my 12 year old daughter and I had a wonderful time. Never had a problem with any cast members, no miserable or rude people. I was say as ever customer service was slightly better at disney over Universal but Universal has improved dramatically. New attractions, there is The Stunt Show at MGM, Everest at AK, Soarin at Epcot and Crush and Gusher at Typhoon, Mk has had a few minor ride changes.
    They are having a major overhaul of Pleasure Island at the end of Sept.
    That said I think you will see that they will be bring a 5 park on (they have room for approx 4 more decent sized parks). The current economic climate will put a hold this for a while. Plus we have the rumours filtering around that they are interested in the Sea World Parks (cannot see this myself as Disney historically like to build their own stuff0

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mdj101
    I hate to say it but i think Disney has lost it's magic. OK, i've only been a couple of times now and i've not got kids, but as an adult it seems to have lost it's edge. There's plenty for the kids I agree, and yes it is aimed at the kids but my main gripe is with the whole package.

When I last visited it seemed that the whole cast gave it 110% you couldn't help but feel the disney vibe, WOW has that gone, misserable, rude and bored can't be bothered staff now make up about 50% of the cast.

As for new attractions, comon! They've added new so called attractions which are nothing more than a trailer for a film! (price caspian) what a waste of my time!

The only big attraction to open at disney in the last 3 years is Everest and I see no attempts being made to make any other improvements.

On the other side of the coin you have the likes of Univeral that have just opened Simpsons and have a whole new Harry Potter World opening in 2010. Disney will be around for ever, we all know that, but I think there appeal is failing.

Has anyone else got anything to add, have you notices any fall in standards etc..

[/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I also have just returned from 3 weeks, I was with my children but being with the girls didn't add to the thrill of walking down Main Street, it always gives me a tingle through my spine and tears at Spectromagic and Wishes. As for the Disney Crew members I found them all fantastic and they couldn't do enough in my opinion.
    I certainly haven't seen or noticed any failings in standards, always perfect to me.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Paula

Although we only do 1 or 2 days in the parks each trip, I can't say we have ever had a bad day time you appear to have. We don't have kids but have visited the parks with nieces and with our best friends kids on different trips. I would say the parks are a better day out with children but we enjoy ourselves on our own too. We have always found the "cast" to be cheery and attentive.
    Regards, Mark

Have noticed with some dismay that Disney seem to have decided to appeal to a younger crowd.
    Lost "Alien Encouter" - the best attraction in the WHOLE of Disney.
    Have dummed down "The Seas" at Epcot.
    Losing Pleasure Island completely - liked Comedy Warehouse & Adventurer's Club.
    Re-edited "Honey I Shrunk The Audience" to make it less scary.
    Positive gains:- Everest & Soarin'.
    Questionable gains:- Stitch, Crush & characters from "Monsters Inc".
    It's almost as though a corporate decision has been made to leave 'adult' entertainment to Univeral & Busch.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Universal wins hands down for me...I go about 30 times a year...and not bored yet...
    I can't say the same for Disney..it looks tried and washed out..we were glad to leave the last few times we went..glad someone else paid...

I'm hoping it will be better when my Grandson is a little older and I can see it more through his eyes...
    Epcot is fine...not been to MGM for donkeys years...so can't say about that...I did like Animal Kingdom...but then you can't go far wrong with animals...

I always enjoy the Magic Kingdom whether with my husband or anyone else. The best visits were of course when the grandchildren came over and can't wait for them to come again. I just think it is magical and am not looking for anything to be added. as we will enjoy it whatever.

I always visit Disneyworld every time we go to Florida and the magic is still there for me. [msnwink]
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    The Disney Magic still works for us - its the only place I have ever seen my 14 year old stroppy teenager skip hand in hand with his 10 year old sister. They normally do their worst to irritate each other 24-7.

If I could bottle it and take it home I would.

It's like to tooth fairy and father Christmas - if you stop believing they don't call any more.

Jo

Florida Newbie
    Disney always works for us, especially if we stay at one of their hotels. Never had a problem ever from a CM. The magic will never die for us!!
    But we also love Universal aswell.