Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Disney Lost It's Magic?

Florida Junior
    Well it's good to see that it still holds that magic for most people, but like some have said, it's definetely lost its shine, I remember last time i was here (nearly 3 years ago) there was a big gold covered area closed at epcot (its next to the ellen dino ride (which is very very tired!!!) It had a big sign saying new attraction coming soon. When we went yesterday its just all blocked off still.

Went to animal kingdom today, love the safari although was a bit disapointed with everest I have to say. It was good, but not amazing, we then visited aquatica this afternoon and was very impressed, just a couple of niggles like not enough showers and places to was your feet but overall it was very good.

Off to Busch tomorrow can't wait!
    Mark

wrpac00
    MK doesn't do anything for me anymore closely followed by Epcot. Personally I think SW, IOA & Universal are superior parks.

Florida Newbie
    I concur

Still does the Magic for me, last time we went was the end of October and MGM Studios were fantastic. Loved the Osborne Lights and Fantasmic is something else. We are "Child free" but still love the Disney Parks. Always had 1st class service from Cast members.

The problem with Disney parks is the best stuff goes straight over peoples heads when they are darting around trying to do all the rides. I can quite easily visit each park for a full day without going on a ride. If you do some historic research about the parks you can second all day finding some wonderful hidden facts and gems. If your going purely for rides you may as well visit Alton Towers. There is so much more to the parks than just rides alone.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
    Still does the Magic for me, last time we went was the end of October and MGM Studios were fantastic. Loved the Osborne Lights and Fantasmic is something else. We are "Child free" but still love the Disney Parks. Always had 1st class service from Cast members.
    [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun

The problem with Disney parks is the best stuff goes straight over peoples heads when they are darting around trying to do all the rides. I can quite easily visit each park for a full day without going on a ride. If you do some historic research about the parks you can second all day finding some wonderful hidden facts and gems. If your going purely for rides you may as well visit Alton Towers. There is so much more to the parks than just rides alone.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Martin you hit the nail on the head, it is indeed the whole package .
    The rides are only a part of what Disney is all about[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    Martin and Sue
    With Pleasure Island revamp it is because they attract such a young crowd that they are trying to rebrand it into a more family friendly atmosphere. They have had a few years of trying to make sure they dont sell alcohol to underage people and cleaning up after the clubgoers at 2 in the morning, in a way it hasnt fitted in with their "image" of good family fun. When you look at what they charge (around $20) or $60 for a year then it has become a hang out for local youngsters to a large degree rather than an attraction as such to bring in the spending public. If you look at the space and think of what decent restaurants and shops are likely to be selling then financially I suppose it makes sense.

I wonder whether Citywalk nightclubs may go the same way if it turns out to be a successful move.
    Babblin Boo

We were last in the Disney parks at Christmas and they were magical [clap] there is no place like Disney.
    Karen

Gold 5 Star Member
    Doesn't anyone else feel the tingling thrill when they drive under those highway wide bridges announcing you're getting near Disney?

Or when you arrive in any of the parks and take in all the careful themeing everywhere don't you get a beat of excitement?

And when you hit Main Street, doesn't your tummy do a bit of a flip?

Or don't you want to rush around absorbing it all in?

We do, every time, even after 14 years! I guess we'll just have to remain kids at heart for all time now.
    blott

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    Doesn't anyone else feel the tingling thrill when they drive under those highway wide bridges announcing you're getting near Disney?

Or when you arrive in any of the parks and take in all the careful themeing everywhere don't you get a beat of excitement?

And when you hit Main Street, doesn't your tummy do a bit of a flip?

Or don't you want to rush around absorbing it all in?

We do, every time, even after 14 years! I guess we'll just have to remain kids at heart for all time now. [/quote]You forgot to mention the tear in your eye when you walk out of main street after the fireworks on yur last visit and the cast are waving holding a sign just for you saying 'see ya real soon' and you start mentally planning your next Florida holiday.

I for one will never tire of Disney
    Jo