Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay???

Florida Newbie

Where to stay???

Hi all

i was in orlando in March 08 and stayed at Vista Cay near to thr orange county convention center which was a superb place, but this time i am coming back and would like to get a villa instead.

Now the questions are:

1> A gated or non gated community?
    2> What ares / resorts are nice?
    3> There is only 2 of us going...is a private pool with a spa really needed?
    4> Any areas to stay clear from due to possible crime or "not so nice" areas
    5> Expected rough price to pay?
    and
    6> Would like it to be near disney

All i have to go on is websites and pictures, but hopefully someone in here who is in the "know" will point me in the right direction

Thanks

Florida Newbie
    Hi Dibberly
    We have stayed in gated and non gated communities and have loved both.
    We have stayed in and around the 192 on seven different occasions and I can honestly say we have never come across a "not so nice area".

I am not so sure on costs as its always a large villa we rent for a group of us.

Hope you have as much fun as we do planning for your holiday.

Sheena

Hi Dibberly only you can choose, So go on all the sites on here and look up what you would like and the owners will give you their quotes and then you will enjoy picking the one you fancy .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    One of the great things about renting direct from an owner is that you get to choose rather than have someone else do it for you. All the home owners on Orlandovillas are verified which means that they prove every six months that they own the home they're advertising.

All the homes on the Orlandovillas sites (links at the top of each forum page) are within 15 mins max of Disney so there's quite a wide selection. None of them are in 'not so nice' areas (quite the reverse) so no problems there.

Have a look at the Communities map at http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx Click on the pins and you'll find links to community descriptions and all the homes advertised in that community.

Private pool? Well, it'd be nice wouldn't it just to walk out of the house and straight into your own pool, knowing that you haven't got to share it with anyone else.

Why not fill in an enquiry form on all the website links (each website has different owners) and put any requirements or a wish list into the comments box. Only home owners with your dates available and the facilities you've requested will respond to your enquiry.

Then comes the fun part, when you have your replies, in choosing the exact home that you want and knowing that you can ask the owner directly any questions you may have.

Have fun choosing!
    blott

All tje communities are very close to Disney and are far enough away to allow you some time to relax in the evenings.

With ref to the prices, all owners charge different prices as they all offer something different with different facilities. A lot of them include everything (including free internet and international calls) in the price of the stay. So in reality all you have to do is turn up and enjoy the villa.

Hope you have a great time choosing.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Hi,
    Staying in a villa is very different to staying in a hotel as you can please yourselves what you do & when without adhering to anyone elses boundaries!
    There are always lots of questions but only you knows what you are looking for from your vacation. I suggest you make a 'wishlist' and then you will be able to shortlist the villas & locations that suit you best!
    Good luck & enjoy searching!
    Jeanette

Florida Expert
    We visit lots of times just the two of us and I would say that a pool (and spa)is great (for me a absolute must). It is so relaxing to sit by the pool and enjoy days off or early evenings lazing around.

As said earlier, the links above give a description of each community so it is very helpful. Some communities (gated or not) have a club house and other on-site activities to choose from (including golf).

Think of things such as 'do you mind being overlooked, or do you prefer a private pool area' etc. Then, when you send in a general request on all of the above sites you can list what is important to you.

You will get lots of replies and this enables you to make your personal choice. You are able to contact the owners directly and ask lots of questions before making your decision.
    Mary

Florida Newbie
    thats for your help people...i have sumitted a "general enquiry" form (think i have done it right)

Just gotta wait for the replies now and pick one!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Once you decide what suits you and what type of holiday you want you can decide based on any replies you have received. Regardless of how may of you are going then a pool isnt necessary but if you want to spend a fair bit of time in the villa or just relax ont he deck area in teh evening after youve been to the park then it is nice. I wouldnt get too hung up about other villas being around and being able to see neighbours, its still always going to be more private than and hotel and you kknow the pool and loungers are right outside the door for if you want it. Some people say they prefer to be able to see and say hi to others as well.

Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    decided we'd rather book a condo this year, just the two of us, rather than a villa.

Which of the communities listed on teh community map are for condo commumities rather than villa communities?

Thanks