Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you Fly with?

Who do you Fly with?

For all you regular visitors to Florida, who do you book your flights with?

Trying to price for next year and cant get any good deals from Glasgow or Manchester. Good price last year but no luck so far for next. Globespan are a fortune.

Is it just the financial climate or are there any good deals out there at all?

Team Thomson

Florida Expert
    We normally fly with Virgin from Manchester but the prices for next summer or Easter for matter are well over 1000 each so that is a definate NO WAY, so may have to look at other options[msnsad]

Kirsty it is a bit early yet to get a good deal so keep trying they are giving cheaper deals out 6 months before your vacation so just keep trying .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    I think if we all wait a while the airlines may realise they need to drop prices and we will have lots of sales.

Book villas etc now, if the owners can be a little flexible on dates (some will already be booked) and keep an eye on the airlines ready for the prices to drop.
    Mary

Hi
    We have just booked with Zoom out of Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale Kids fly free with an adult booked for next summer.

Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx

wrpac00
    I book with Virgin and because in the past we always had to go in school holidays I am used to paying high prices.

Florida Savvy
    Firm Virgin fan here

- just booked a 14 day Fly drive with them for June next year £800 each, did a fair bit of research with t'internet and the only way I could get it much cheaper was with (a well known internet travel booking site) and with them it wasn't direct - and the price differential wasn't worth the inconvenience and the extra baggage transfer (increasing the chance of us getting to Orlando but our bags ending up in New York!!)

Flights only were around £650 each.

The fuel supplements are adding a fair old chunk to the price these days and yes I think fares generally are way more than they use to be.

But then I made an overall comparison with what it cost us to get to and stay in a gite in the Dordogne - France in June this year, this was by Ferry/Car. Including fuel costs to get there Florida actually compares surprisingly well.

Edited to add - also in the above price was a £20 pp per flight (=£80) 'weekend flying supplement'

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
    I think if we all wait a while the airlines may realise they need to drop prices and we will have lots of sales.

[/quote]

The recent evidence seems to indicate that airlines now prefer to cut routes and frequency rather than prices. The inescapable fact is that they'll no longer fly routes that don't produce profit and the current oil price makes that very challenging for them.

Even so, I think there will be reductions from these current fare levels but higher prices look like they're here to stay.

I have flown with many airlines.to Florida, my first choice would be First Choice .
    The second would be Virgin and the one we use most frequently.
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by luckylady
    my first choice would be First Choice .[/quote]That makes sense Barbara! [msnwink]