Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manchester airport hotels

Florida Newbie

Manchester airport hotels

Has anybody had any experiance of staying in the on airport hotels at Manchester.
    In particular am looking at Radission SAS, Crowne Plaza and Bewleys.
    Are the cars parked on site or taken off site, what was the breakfast/cost like, and how was the transfer to the terminal ??

Gold 5 Star Member
    For convenience the Radisson SAS can't be beaten because it's in the terminal. You'll pay for the convenience though, particularly on weekdays when a double B&B will get to around £200 a night - it's cheaper at weekends but still well over £100 . The rooms are a bit tight for space but they have everything that you'll need for an airport stay. I don't actually know what the arrangements for parking are and I don't think it has a car park. I don't know how far you're traveling to Manchester but I find the train/Radisson combination to be the best (though most expensive) option.

The Crowne Plaza is very close and has a car park. I'm not a fan because the shuttle bus they used the last times I was there couldn't carry more than about 5 people and luggage at once and you can wait a long time for the next one in the mornings. It's not a long walk to the terminal but it's not much fun over kerbs and roads with your bags. Breakfast was a pretty average buffet and not cheap as I recall. I had dinner there once and won't be bothering again!

I haven't stayed at Bewleys but I know a lot of forum members do, and like it. I think it's a little bit cheaper than the Crowne Plaza and a lot less than the Radisson and has some good parking inclusive deals.

Florida Expert
    We usually stay at the Radisson, so much easier with no shuttle in the morning and even better when you arrive back tired at the airport early in the morning, just go to the hotel and your car is waiting. They do take them offsite to park but they are always there ready for your return.
    Belweys is cheaper, take into account you pay £3 each for the shuttle and that your car may be offsite on your return and that you need to get the bus to a car park some mile or so from the airport.
    Both Crowne Plaze and Hilton are similar,nice hotels with free shuttles, you can be lucky and get some good rates sometimes so it's worth checking them out to see the best rate.
    all apart from Bewleys have a pool.
    Personally we prefer to pay the extra £40 or so for the convenience of the Radisson nbut of course it's personal preference in the end, which ever you choose will be fine
    Eric

Florida Savvy
    We like the Raddison SAS very convenient - expensive??? possibly, judge for yourself - I've just booked for 1 Friday night for next June and paid £145 including 15 days parking. I didn't think that was too bad. The last time we stayed we were upgraded at no cost and at no request from us, it was a very large room but normally they are pretty std. in size
    The long term parking is off site but they return the car to the Raddison on the day you fly back so it is very convenient

Bewleys - I like the look of it but didn't book them this time purely because their web site wouldn't let me book so far in advance.

Crown Plaza - It's been 4 years since we stayed their and it as OK. Our daughter who went with us last time had a very tired looking room but on raising a complaint with the desk was very quickly and courteously changed to a much better room. Not as convenient, we experienced no issues with the shuttle and from memory I think the car stayed on site which wasn't that secure.

Florida Newbie
    I booked through [website edited] for September and got Crowne Plaza + 15 days parking ,breakfast & dinner for £145.I've used Crowne Plaza before and found it very good , I'm not sure if they take your car away or leave it in the car park , but I've never had a problem with them either way.
    Good luck

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have stayed at both the SAS and Bewleys. The SAS is a great hotel, however not long after we stayed there they introduced a rule that you can only have 3 people per room so for a family of 4 you have to take 2 inter locking rooms, which works out very expensive. We usually stay at Bewleys where family rooms cost no more. The hotel is a 5 min walk to terminals 1 and 3 and a 5 min bus ride to terminal 2.
    Bewleys prices have started to creep upwards over the past couple of years and i think they now charge £89 per room per night, plus car parking of £45 for 15 nights. The deal at the crown Plaza seems to be good as it right next door to Bewleys, especially as it inc Breakfast and evening meal.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
    We have stayed at both the SAS and Bewleys. The SAS is a great hotel, however not long after we stayed there they introduced a rule that you can only have 3 people per room so for a family of 4 you have to take 2 inter locking rooms, which works out very expensive. We usually stay at Bewleys where family rooms cost no more. The hotel is a 5 min walk to terminals 1 and 3 and a 5 min bus ride to terminal 2.
    [/quote]

I haven't stayed at the Radisson since they permanently closed the walkthrough from T1 to T3. You now have to make your way to the station for the shuttle bus to T3 which to some extent negates the convenience factor for passengers departing from there.

It is possible to walk to T3 by going outside but there's no dedicated pathway and it's a bit of a hike when you have bags.

Florida Savvy
    We've never flown from T3 so this won't be an issue for us, we also eat/drink in T2 to which there is still access.

I think the walk-through closure is something to do with expanding the station is it not.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MJG

I think the walk-through closure is something to do with expanding the station is it not.
    [/quote]

I don't know for certain but the closed walkway is nowhere near the station so I doubt it has anything to do with that.

If you know the airport, for as long as I can remember you could walk from T1 up the escalator to the food area and through to T3 without having to go outside, coming out by the BMI desks. It used to get chaotic around there (and to a lesser extent still does) because when it's busy the security queue can reach back to that point. A few months ago, they blocked the way through from T1 encouraging people to enter T3 only from outside.

That means that T3 passengers now have to walk from the Radisson back to the station and catch the shuttle. My point is that, if you have to do that anyway, you might as well save money and stay at 1 of the other hotels outside the terminal and use their shuttle.

If you're using T2 then the Radisson is the definitely the way to go in my view.

Florida Junior
    Stayed at Bewleys in November last year, flew down from Edinburgh into T3 the shuttle bus picked us up and there was no charge, it took us to back to the airport in the morning but I cannot remember which terminal thnk it was T2 and again no charge. I believe they now move your car to an external car park and bring it back to the hotel for you, at least that's what I was told when I was considering leaving our car last year.

We have stayed in Bewleys a few times and even when it was the Holiday Inn. Cannot comment on breakfast we have always had early morning flights.

I can highly recommend the Thai restaurant in the Crowne Plaza, it really got our holiday off to a great start last year.

We are flying out of Manchester next May to Orlando but as we have both our sons and girlfriends with us and they are on a budget at least at this end we are staying at the travelodge for £29 per room per night. We are on a countdown of 9 months and 2 days, got the villa, still to arrange our car hire through here of course, filled in the visa waiver forms on line, instant confirmation.

I just get more and more excited each time in log on to this forum.

[msnsmile]
    Hazel