Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to my faithful dog Corey!

Florida Junior

Goodbye to my faithful dog Corey!

On Monday the time came when we had to say goodbye to our dog Corey. We have had him for 15 years and he has been the best friend anyone could have to myself, hubby and two children. He has been ill for quite a while but has managed to carry on in his own way and we had been assured by the vet that he was not in any pain, so we kept him as long as we could. Unfortunately he took a turn for the worst and on Monday evening the decision had to be made to put him to sleep. I am devastated, he is missed so much and I know the pain will get easier, but it is so hard to imagine life without him. As you can imagine the tears keep flowing (sometime uncontrolably) and the house seems to empty. I know that others have been through this, as I have read on here before, but it is so very hard to come to terms with. We all miss him so much!!!
    Julia

Julia,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news about your beloved Corey. I know exactly how you must be feeling as we lost our faithful friend Daisy just over 2 years ago. Our home was never the same afterwards and we now have our lovely Lily. Lily will never take the place of Daisy but she did keep us busy at a very sad time, as puppies do. Be comforted that you gave a very special dog a lovely home for 15 years and you had no choice when the time came to have him put to sleep.

Take care.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Junior
    My heart goes out to you. Its like losing a member of the family. It takes a long time to get over and its very hard.
    We lost our family pet a Lhasa apso (got her when I was 7 years old and she passed away when I was 21) that was 7 years ago now and its still very sad. When I visit my parents I still expect her to greet me at the door.
    My hubby and I have a dog now, another Lhasa and I cannot imagine what will happen if anything happens to her...
    I am sure you gave your pet a good life and made sure they were loved and just keep that in mind.
    Chin up.

x

Florida Expert
    Very sorry to hear your news. Our little nipper was almost 18 yr old and my sister-in-law was looking after him because we were at the villa.

He had a stroke a few years before and pulled through, to some extent, but we knew it could happen at any time. That was just over 2 yr ago, and although it does get easier we still expect to see him out in the garden or 'scrounging'and hoping to catch meat when I am slicing the roast on a Sunday.
    Mary

Florida Expert
    Julia, my heart goes out to you.

The loss of a beloved pet is never easy and non animal lovers just don't understand how you are feeling. 15 years was a long time so don't let anyone make you feel silly about mourning Corey.

Like others here I understand the pain and guilt you are going through, so there's no need to suffer on your own.

[grouphug]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Julia
    Sorry for your loss , it is always hard when you lose a pet who has been a part of your life for no matter how long but sometimes the best decision is to let them go peacefully.
    My sister had to make the same decision on Saturday when her dog was found to have a tumour on his spleen that had ruptured. As there was only a 20% chance it wasnt malignant and he could possibly have a few more months (if he survived the anaesthetic as he was 12/13 was nearing the end of his natural life she felt it would be cruel to make him suffer for her benefit. It was extra diffcult because they had had Oscar for around 8 years after my nephew who was 14 at the time was working in a dog rescue center and begged her to let him have a dog, and he idolised him. Sadly 3 years later just after he turned 18 he died suddenly and so for the last 5 years Oscar has been one of the most tangible reminders of her son and given her more comfort than anything else and certainly more than anythiing we can say to help her through.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    My heart goes out to you (and also your sister Steph as it is a double for her). I lost one of mine 9 years ago and the other 8 years ago but I can remember that time so clearly and the devastation we all felt. I look at photos and a painting we have and remember the love they gave us and can now do that with a smile rather than tears.

I am so sorry to hear your news. I know just how you feel, we have been through it twice but have another border collie as neither of us can bear to be without a dog in the house.
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oooh, am so sorry. We lost our dog nearly two years ago who was almost 19 and we still think about him.
    Jan&Steve

So sorry to hear your sad news, it's heartbreaking.We lost out boxer Amber 8 years ago.
    I look at photograghs of her,still now upsets me.

But how ever hard it was for you to let go,it is for the best. As much as you will miss your beloved pet the time was right for her to go to sleep.
    Barbara