Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hire for five

hire for five

looking to hire a car for 2 weeks from sanford airport.will a full size 4 door be ok for 2 adults,2 18 year olds and a 15 year old, all on the small side?

We had a full size car through Dollar and were given a Dodge charger - it had a good size boot (although you definitely wouldn't get 5 suitcases in it - maybe 4 holdalls or 3 cases - the back seat is fine for 2, OK for 3. Personally I'd go for a 4x4 or a 7 seater minivan - it's lovely to have a bit of room to spread out.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    Last time we went we had a full size for 2 adults, 1 teenager, an 11 year old and a 6 year old - we struggled with cases. This time in view of that and they are all bigger for general travelling around we have gone for a 7 seater.

7 seater without any question, even if only for moving your luggage to and from the airport.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    I always hire a 7-seater when there are 5 of us. The extra luggage space is worth it. It also gives a better (higher) view for the driver, an advantage if you are unfamiliar with the area. It costs a bit more than a full-size and is less economical on fuel, but is worth it.
    Good luck.
    Scorpio

Florida Chatterbox
    I agree - I would always go for a 7 seater they are still nice cars to drive

Neil

thank's for replying,i agree that a 7-seater would be ideal and probably book one, but i will still have the same problem with the luggage with a "full size" as i'm driving my own car to and from the airport,so will still have to watch the luggage space.

Florida Expert
    I don't know all the ins and outs of car size capacity all I know is that we can get all our luggage in our car this end but struggled with it in a full size car across the pond. This time we still have an ordinary car this side but have booked a 7 seater the other end.

Florida Newbie
    The 7 seater minivan seems to be a popular choice. Can anyone who has previously hired one please tell me if it would accommodate 6 people plus 6 items of luggage ?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

We've had 5 adults and 9 suitcases and 5 pieces of hand baggage in a 7 seater so I think you'll be fine
    Caroline & Dave