Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: home depot

I realise this is an old thread, but I'd like to add my two-penneth, er, two-cents-worth.

I reckon deeepo is technically correct, as the P has a vowel either side, so the vowel before the P is pronounced as it's "name" sound - in this case E as in pEter, not e as in pets.

Following on with my theory, it would appear the American pronounciation of tomato is correct, and us Brits stick an invisible "r" in the word. So tomAto, not tomarto. We manage to get potato right though.

However, I can't go along with Iraq (eye-rack). Same thing of course, vowel either side of the R, so should the first vowel be I rather than i? Well, it's not an English word I reckon, so the same rules wouldn't apply - otherwise Paris would be Pay-riss.

Well, that's my theory anyway!

Hmm, I wonder if depot is a French word? In which case........ !
    Dave.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Dads_Taxi
    I realise this is an old thread, but I'd like to add my two-penneth, er, two-cents-worth.

I reckon deeepo is technically correct, as the P has a vowel either side, so the vowel before the P is pronounced as it's "name" sound - in this case E as in pEter, not e as in pets.

Following on with my theory, it would appear the American pronounciation of tomato is correct, and us Brits stick an invisible "r" in the word. So tomAto, not tomarto. We manage to get potato right though.

However, I can't go along with Iraq (eye-rack). Same thing of course, vowel either side of the R, so should the first vowel be I rather than i? Well, it's not an English word I reckon, so the same rules wouldn't apply - otherwise Paris would be Pay-riss.

Well, that's my theory anyway!

Hmm, I wonder if depot is a French word? In which case........ !
    [/quote]

love your post[msnsmile2]!
    So I can now speak American and be grammatically correct[msncool]
    The only problem I have is I speak with flat vowels[msnscared]...
    Dave [msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    B&Q !!
    [/quote]

Always wondered if Home Depot is B & Q
    Tessa

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1529.aspx

Super Moderator
    No, B&Q is Home Depot. Some time ago there was a television programme about B&Q and the original owner based the stores on the Home Depot layout.

Florida Chatterbox
    Best thing about Home Depot for me is that they accept Lowes coupons. They cannot scan them - different bar codes - so you can print off loads and use them time after time to save $$$. If you use them in Lowes they will scan them, the bar code is registered as having been used, and you may only use them that one time.

Just had $10 off a $50 spend Lowes coupon from Zillow . com link to Lowes Homemovers program - - that's 20% - I bought tile and kitchen cabinet flat packs $50 at a time, saved plenty. The Home Depot cashiers have never queried them but its probably better to go to a different cashier if you use more than a couple a day. If you use them in the selfservice checkout the helper there will take the coupon and adjust the total for you.

Just google for them if you want to print any off. There are 10% off any purchase available at the moment. It all helps.

Another good thing I go for in Home Depot (and Walmart) is the mis-tinted paint - just ask the paint mixing employees where they have it - Home Depot sell it for $5 a gallon instead of $30 or so. Often some nice light colours, and if you need more than one gallon to redecorate a room you can always mix 2 similar ones together, or colour with a can of white.
    Perhaps more applicable to long term rentals than you folk with STR, you seem to go mostly for white as far as I see from STR homes I visit.