Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 10 of 91 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pudders
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
    Every week, I wish I had taken the plunge last week, but as it is so low I find it hard to commit yet!

Grrrrrrrrr![msnmad]
    [/quote]

If it's any consolation - Travelex are now offering 1 more cent on the dollar this week than last week!!

As a side - I usually keep track of the dollar using the BBC Business market watch ticker on my desktop. It updates every two mins.

[/quote]

If only it would go back to the rate of even a few weeks ago! [msnsad] I too regularly look at the travelex site, in fact it has become somewhat of a ritual....me looking, grinding my teeth, wishing i had brought the money already, looking again etc etc.

It is fast becoming a very unhealthy obsession....anyway, off to track todays changes[msnembarrased] need my daily fix of misery - surely planning your holiday should be more fun that this[msncry]

If it helps, the prices in the shops over there have come down a lot, so your money will go further.
    Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by GrahamC
    If it helps, the prices in the shops over there have come down a lot, so your money will go further.
    [/quote]

That helps alot, in fact it is great news Graham. [msnsmile2]

Is this across the board or more in certain product ranges and how much is a lot?

Believe it or not, in our house my wife hates shopping and I love it... and so any price drops that help balance out the exchange rate impact is good news to me - gives me an excuse to buy more!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Is this across the board or more in certain product ranges and how much is a lot?[/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:The US Producer Price Index declined 2.2% in November, after falling 2.8% in October. The November fall was primarily due to lower energy costs.[/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Is this across the board or more in certain product ranges and how much is a lot?[/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:The US Producer Price Index declined 2.2% in November, after falling 2.8% in October. The November fall was primarily due to lower energy costs.[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah Shucks, I wasn't planning on buying any energy when I was out there!

Gold 5 Star Member
    You just can't catch a break on this exchange rate thing can you Fraser?[msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    sssh, don't mention the er words........ I did once, but I think I got away with it[msnwink]

Most of the 'tourist' type shops at Premium Outlets etc seem to be having continuous sales so you will have lots of choice.
    Graham

Florida Savvy
    Since the interest rate cut to 1.5% was announced - the pound has started to gain strength against the dollar today (9th Jan)!! Today it is 1.52 with Travelex offering 1.47.[msnsmile2]
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Florida Expert
    Dammit

I was hoping it would stay were it was for at least the next 3 months. [msncry]